Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Chat / Re: Still not worthy of a thread - General Chat edition
« Last Post by OpenC on Today at 09:11:45 am »

Soooooo.. given that it's a great idea that doesn't work due to human nature, surely a self-imposed early merging system policed by SJWs like thomas and range rover dude from yesterday
Seems so.

It's a bit forced. Fair enough during a last minute winner, but not when the 5th goes in from the penalty spot against Panama.
2018 FIFA World Cup / Re: England 6-1 Panama - 24/06/18 (FT)
« Last Post by neesy111 on Today at 08:56:40 am »
:thup:

The IFAB even released a statement because of this.

IFAB statement Boudien Broekhuis, Communications & Administration Manager at IFAB:

“The Laws are clear: “all players, except the player taking the kick-off, must be in their own half of the field of play” at the kick-off; therefore, the referee clearly cannot and would not (from a fairness perspective) allow the kick off whilst players are off the field celebrating.”

Chat / Re: Hollibobs
« Last Post by joeyt on Today at 08:50:45 am »
Cheers lads.  Gonna get myself a sweet Croatia top too I reckon
« Last Post by Greg on Today at 08:48:49 am »
right i can see the point greg is making better now, the issue being is that only a very small percentage of people actually do it that way and if you believe they're doing because that's what the highway authorities say and it will reduce congestion then i've got a bridge to sell you :lol:

yeah if everyone did it it would work, but they don't, so it doesn't

« Last Post by mrmojorisin75 on Today at 08:48:37 am »
Guessing we'll just have to wait for driverless cars.

haha, imagine the fewm of the top gear bellends when their driverless car makes them drive like a polite human :lol:

not that they'd have one though, i guess

Suspect driverless cars will be mandatory eventually or you'll need a different license to be able to manual drive.  I'm talking like 20 years or so.

imagine the gammon rage when the EU unknown actor takes their cars off them man
« Last Post by mrmojorisin75 on Today at 08:47:05 am »
right i can see the point greg is making better now, the issue being is that only a very small percentage of people actually do it that way and if you believe they're doing because that's what the highway authorities say and it will reduce congestion then i've got a bridge to sell you :lol:

yeah if everyone did it it would work, but they don't, so it doesn't
« Last Post by TBG on Today at 08:44:09 am »
Team early merge ftw.

Do it every night joining the A167 off Grandstand Road north bound. Saying that it could be easily avoided if it wasn't for the pointless bus lane. Could easily make it two lanes, but no. Let's turn it into a bus lane instead.
« Last Post by Greg on Today at 08:43:25 am »

You can add it to the list of things which are great ideas but don't work because of human nature, Greg :thup:

This is true.
« Last Post by Greg on Today at 08:42:43 am »

Greg is saying that the correct place to merge in turn is right at the end when you're forced onto a single lane.  I disagree, I think the whole thing works better if said merging happens as soon as the signs appear, when people can merge at something approximating normal driving speed.

Far more likely to cause queues, grid lock and accidents. Partially because not everyone will do it and because at busy times you are unnecessarily reducing the road carrying capacity every further.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10