Federico Fernández (now playing for Elche)

sempuki

Him with Lejeune and Schär and Willems pls. Manquillo because no other better option available.

We badly miss Lascelles for set pieces IMO.

Must be amongst the better 4th choice centre backs going.

Him with Lejeune and Schär and Willems pls. Manquillo because no other better option available.

Manquillo has been absolutely fine for a while now. Decent enough at the back and must have 4-5 assists the last 12 months.

Shame he was banished due to his nationality earlier in the season.

Ashley will be ringing round to see how much he can sell Lascelles for, given how we've performed without him.

it's no joke. he'll definitely be looking for buyers for one of lascelles, schar or lejeune.

and i think bruce will go along with it.

• 2 months later...

Aside from him being about to collect his pension and start considering a one-wayer to Switzerland is there any reason this bloke isn't being given a new deal? Been one of the better outfield players this season from what I've seen and seems an honest enough bloke.

Aside from him being about to collect his pension and start considering a one-wayer to Switzerland is there any reason this bloke isn't being given a new deal? Been one of the better outfield players this season from what I've seen and seems an honest enough bloke.

According to Ciaran Kelly of The Chronicle, NUFC have the option to trigger an extra year in Federico Fernandez's contract.

According to Ciaran Kelly of The Chronicle, NUFC have the option to trigger an extra year in Federico Fernandez's contract.

:thup:

Charnley will probably attempt to negotiate a new contract with worse terms in exchange for another extra year or something and then trigger the extension right before the contract expires after failing miserably with the negotiations making Fernandez disillusioned with the club and his performance levels drops as a result. Everybody loses. Job done.

Amazed you didn't say something like English Steve not wanting any Falklands enemies

Amazed you didn't say something like English Steve not wanting any Falklands enemies

:lol: I heard he made Fede renounce his citizenship.