Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

wait are there still rumors swirling around about a takeover?

Yes and people are still buying it. :lol: :lol:

Just curious.... What exactly do you think these people are buying when you laugh at them?

Is it that they believe there's a takeover attempt? (this is where I'm at but don't for one second believe it'll happen)

Is it that they believe it'll actually be sold? (fair enough if so)

Is it that they believe the absolute bull shit spouted in the rags and twitter? (again fair enough if so)

Is it that you believe it's all an Ashley plan, there's no one interested and if people believe otherwise it's laughable?

Genuine question by the way because I see a lot of these type of comments and assume it's because the poster thinks it's a 'fakeover' :anguish: which (to me) means it's an ashley ploy.  Which (again to me) is laughable.

Did you believe BZG were involved in a takeover attempt, yes?

Well, they weren't.

What makes you so sure this time is different?

Still puzzles me that if there’s nowt in it why the Saudis and the Reuben brothers don’t come out and say so, they’ve got nowt to lose.

I was thinking if he hadn't hadn't taken over and the regime had never changed we would either be top 6 most seasons or would have been liquidated.  I would take that over this shower of shit.

Me too

wait are there still rumors swirling around about a takeover?

Yes and people are still buying it. :lol: :lol:

Just curious.... What exactly do you think these people are buying when you laugh at them?

Is it that they believe there's a takeover attempt? (this is where I'm at but don't for one second believe it'll happen)

Is it that they believe it'll actually be sold? (fair enough if so)

Is it that they believe the absolute bull shit spouted in the rags and twitter? (again fair enough if so)

Is it that you believe it's all an Ashley plan, there's no one interested and if people believe otherwise it's laughable?

Genuine question by the way because I see a lot of these type of comments and assume it's because the poster thinks it's a 'fakeover' :anguish: which (to me) means it's an ashley ploy.  Which (again to me) is laughable.

Did you believe BZG were involved in a takeover attempt, yes?

Well, they weren't.

What makes you so sure this time is different?

Still puzzles me that if there’s nowt in it why don’t the Saudis and the Reuben brothers don’t come out and say so, they’ve got nowt to lose.

I don't know either. I believed Staveley was genuine for a long time, but I'm beginning to doubt that now.

We were played with the BZG rumours going on for months that were fake. And that's not the only time either. I honestly think Staveley must be the stupidest person on the planet to go back for round 2 of the failed circus that was her first attempt. I don't think she is that stupid, so there may well be another explanation.

She has mutual friends with Mike after all.  :lol:

Even if they did take over, UEFA have pretty much stopped any hopes of becoming a long term elite club.

Who really gives a fuck about that? I mean, it would be nice but let's just concern ourselves with getting rid of Ashley first eh.

Wouldn’t it be foolish to come back a second time to buy the club if you’re not confident to complete it? Amanda Staveley made three bids last time. She did business with Mike Ashley. She ate dinner with him. She was called time-waster. Why return if you’re not confident to complete this time?

Wouldn’t it be foolish to come back a second time to buy the club if you’re not confident to complete it? Amanda Staveley made three bids last time. She did business with Mike Ashley. She ate dinner with him. She was called time-waster. Why return if you’re not confident to complete this time?

Exactly. And why the hell would anyone be confident after the way the last attempt went?

It just doesn't make sense.

Unless it's a fakeover, then it all falls into piece.  :lol:

That whole curry night was the most blatant setup I've seen.

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that Staveley isn't what she seems. It's the only thing that makes any sense really.

I think scepticism is healthy where this club and takeover rumours are concerned, and I also think where she is concerned.

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that Staveley isn't what she seems. It's the only thing that makes any sense really.

I think scepticism is healthy where this club and takeover rumours are concerned, and I also think where she is concerned.

Why wouldnt have the saudis, the reubens or MA himself have outed her if it was bollocks?

To me, it seems that she understands the potential to have a stake in the club and raise its value. She would make a mint, if done correctly.

Even if they did take over, UEFA have pretty much stopped any hopes of becoming a long term elite club.

I wouldn't be that arsed if we got banned from the Champions League for 2 years tbh.

Me neither, mainly because we play such great football and that would mean the big clubs like Madrid and Barcelona would buy our best players, maybe even going for our manager at worst.

MA is the problem and always has been. He moves the goalposts, starts bidding wars, misleads buyers and lies to the fans. Clear as day.

At some point he will get bored of himself and move on to another plaything.

Why wouldnt have the saudis, the reubens or MA himself have outed her if it was bollocks?

To me, it seems that she understands the potential to have a stake in the club and raise its value. She would make a mint, if done correctly.

Well her and Ashley met for a curry through a mutual friend, Richard Desmond, who also owns or runs a newspaper.  :lol:

Who's to say she isn't acquaintances with the Ruebens or the Saudis? I mean, she was initially billed as knowing everyone in the Middle East.  :lol:

And why would Ashley say anything? He's the one who wants this shit going on.

It is a possibility that it's the same as the BZG bollocks, whether we want to admit it or not.

MA is the problem and always has been. He moves the goalposts, starts bidding wars, misleads buyers and lies to the fans. Clear as day.

But yet theres a never ending queue of billionaires who are too stupid to realise that the same thing keeps happening to anyone attempting to buy the club?

And they've never called him out on it? Fuck, a few of them have written statements saying how lovely he is to deal with.  :lol:

I just don't buy it.

Also, Caulkin has said the BZG thing was bollocks from the start, so he didn't move the goalposts there as there were none to move in the first place. Just a load of shite printed in the press and believed by many.

But yet theres a never ending queue of billionaires who are too stupid to realise that the same thing keeps happening to anyone attempting to buy the club?

And they've never called him out on it? Fuck, a few of them have written statements saying how lovely he is to deal with.  :lol:

I just don't buy it.

Also, Caulkin has said the BZG thing was bollocks from the start, so he didn't move the goalposts there as there were none to move in the first place. Just a load of shite printed in the press and believed by many.

A simple statement from the Saudi’s and the Reuben’s quashing all the rumours and speculation is all that it would take, yet silence from both parties.

It’s been over ten years...

Guest neesy111

And they've never called him out on it? f***, a few of them have written statements saying how lovely he is to deal with.  :lol:

I just don't buy it.

Also, Caulkin has said the BZG thing was bollocks from the start, so he didn't move the goalposts there as there were none to move in the first place. Just a load of s**** printed in the press and believed by many.

A simple statement from the Saudi’s and the Reuben’s quashing all the rumours and speculation is all that it would take, yet silence from both parties.

Oh we could have an official statement from these groups that sounds professional.

I just don't buy it.

Yep, just like Sheik Khaled could have quashed the rumours the last time. And Kenyon also could have (surely nobody believes that was real either). IF it's bollocks like BZG was, then Ashley will use friends and/or aquantainces so they don't quash the rumours.

Theres no proof either way, but Ashley has history of using names and the press to fool our fans. Why anyone would want to dismiss the possibility that he's doing it again is beyond me. And that's all I'm really saying, it's a possibility.

Man City being kicked out of Europe would make absolutely no difference to any takeover (if it was even happening). First scenario means Man City have to start getting rid of players so it then gives every other team a chance to catch them and as Liverpool shows a well run club doing it properly can do enough to get to the top. Second scenario and most likely Man City take UEFA to court and win destroying the whole financial fair play farce once and for all  so again another win win for any potential owner. And bare in mind this investigation has been going on by UEFA for ages so any would be owner would have been aware of it.