Martin Dúbravka

Figures 1-0 Football

At first I thought he'd just been beat at his near post, but I've now seen that he actually gets there and still somehow doesn't stop it. Man that is horrendous.

On reflection, and having seen the goal again, I think that's a bit harsh. Martial had the opportunity to pick his spot and could have gone either side. Dubravka momentarily shifted his weight to the left because Martial looked like he was going for the far post, and then couldn't get down quite quick enough to save at the near.

The main fault had to lie with the defence in general, for allowing an opposition player so much time and space in the penalty area.

Considering how much we spent for this guy and the amount of good games hes given us - lets not forget how much he cost us and level our expectations.

Not saying he shouldn't be looking to improve and remove these mistakes from his game, but think bigger picture please.

At first I thought he'd just been beat at his near post, but I've now seen that he actually gets there and still somehow doesn't stop it. Man that is horrendous.

On reflection, and having seen the goal again, I think that's a bit harsh. Martial had the opportunity to pick his spot and could have gone either side. Dubravka momentarily shifted his weight to the left because Martial looked like he was going for the far post, and then couldn't get down quite quick enough to save at the near.

The main fault had to lie with the defence in general, for allowing an opposition player so much time and space in the penalty area.

Aye, it's a weak attempt at a save, but what was Fernandes doing? Never been a CB so I don't know what they're coached to do, but I would have thought the sensible thing would be for the CB to close of the near post and leave the keeper to defend his goal, but he runs away from it. We conceded a similar goal, earlier in the season, when Clark did the same.

Guest neesy111

I like Dubs but no. You can say the blame is equal but there is no way a PL keeper should let that in

81 saves made in 20 games. Apparently only had 95 saves all season last year. Far too busy.

That clearly shows the defensive organisation has gone and a bad turn of form is around the corner. Combine that with a team that can't score then its soon going to blow up in Bruce's face.

81 saves made in 20 games. Apparently only had 95 saves all season last year. Far too busy.

That clearly shows the defensive organisation has gone and a bad turn of form is around the corner. Combine that with a team that can't score then its soon going to blow up in Bruce's face.

Risky and attractive front-foot football, innit?

Prevents 3.66 goals on average per game according to BBC making him statistically the best performing in the league this season.

Link mate?

2nd best performing.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50822875

3.66 goals prevented in total this season, not per game.

Unless Vardy has scored an extra 5.12 per game (not including penalties) that is