Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm more concerned that fatso will cash in on Almiron, who is bound to attract attention with his displays in Copa America.  Also, we all know that Man U are casting envious glances at Longstaff, so it should come as no surprise to see bids for both players landing on Charnley's desk the day after Rafa vacates his position as NUFC manager and fatso lining his pockets with £30m or £40m for both players and replacing them with loan players. 

Again. 10 days to go. If Rafa knew nothing and was just waiting on his contract to run out. It would be out there. That’s what he does. He’s a politician.

His hands may be tied by a NDA.

He will be due a bonus for keeping us in the EPL and breaking the NDA may mean he and his coaches would lose their bonuses.

We all know this is par for the course with fat Ash!

Again. 10 days to go. If Rafa knew nothing and was just waiting on his contract to run out. It would be out there. That’s what he does. He’s a politician.

But it is out there. There are multiple reports in the last few weeks saying he isn't happy with the contract offer.

Seems pretty final then, he's gone if that's true :lol:

Infuriating.  The man's went and lay down his plan and what he thinks is needed to take the club forward, they've basically said 'we hear you Rafa, but no, take this or leave'.

At least in the next month or so I'll know whether I can just completely ignore the club or continue to give a s***.

I’m not sure it’s done like. He might leave it last minute and sign it, knowing if a takeover doesn’t happen then he’s not tied down long-term, and if it happens, he’ll likely get a new contract anyway if we’re doing well.

I think the takeover is the reason they have only given him the offer of a one year contract in the first place.

Obviously.

1 year extension suits everyone can easliy be extended as soon as the new owners arrive.

Gives Rafa the option of leaving at the end of next season if the new owners don’t arrive.

Hopefully he extends a year then decides on longterm next year based on if the new owners come in :thup:

I'm with you on this one and this has been my opinion of the Rafa situation so far.

Infuriating.  The man's went and lay down his plan and what he thinks is needed to take the club forward, they've basically said 'we hear you Rafa, but no, take this or leave'.

At least in the next month or so I'll know whether I can just completely ignore the club or continue to give a s***.

I’m not sure it’s done like. He might leave it last minute and sign it, knowing if a takeover doesn’t happen then he’s not tied down long-term, and if it happens, he’ll likely get a new contract anyway if we’re doing well.

I think the takeover is the reason they have only given him the offer of a one year contract in the first place.

Obviously.

1 year extension suits everyone can easliy be extended as soon as the new owners arrive.

Gives Rafa the option of leaving at the end of next season if the new owners don’t arrive.

Hopefully he extends a year then decides on longterm next year based on if the new owners come in :thup:

I'm with you on this one and this has been my opinion of the Rafa situation so far.

It doesn't suit Rafa if new owners don't come in, he wants a project to build and that's not achieved with a 1 year extension.  Why would he risk another year under the parasite on the small hope that he sells up?

Again, I hope he doesn't sign up if Ashley stays, no point in yet another year in limbo.

Obviously.

It doesn't suit Rafa if new owners don't come in, he wants a project to build and that's not achieved with a 1 year extension.  Why would he risk another year under the parasite on the small hope that he sells up?

Again, I hope he doesn't sign up if Ashley stays, no point in yet another year in limbo.

A season of watching us getting bummed every Saturday followed by some puppet talking shite isn't for me like. Ill be giving the whole thing a miss. I get how people would still go to games out of (of perhaps misplaced) loyalty, but how much enjoyment can anyone gain from going to matches, week in week out knowing you`ll be either playing for a draw or scraping for a win but most probably loosing.

Think if that story is legitimate (standard 1 year deal and £50m to spend) he has to walk really and absolutely 100% wouldn't blame him for it.

Only if the contract gives Rafa the option to walk at any time with no consequences/payments etc within that year would it be any kind of attraction. That way he could hang around and wait for this seemingly fictitious takeover not to happen.

Guest godzilla

Obviously.

I  think that's what's been offered as a result of the proposed takeover, but Rafa won't take that and will wait for a takeover to be completed first or walk.

Obviously.

A season of watching us getting bummed every Saturday followed by some puppet talking shite isn't for me like. Ill be giving the whole thing a miss. I get how people would still go to games out of (of perhaps misplaced) loyalty, but how much enjoyment can anyone gain from going to matches, week in week out knowing you`ll be either playing for a draw or scraping for a win but most probably loosing.

Me either, but the ground will still be full.

I follow us by watching on TV every week and this forum, if the worst happens (which is kind of what I expect), I'll be trying to wash my hands of even doing that.

I  think that's what's been offered as a result of the proposed takeover, but Rafa won't take that and will wait for a takeover to be completed first or walk.

I think we can already write off the idea of it being done before his contract is up like.

If it does get done, I full expect it to take at least another month or so.

Goes without saying that I'd be fucking ecstatic if it happens earlier :lol:

Guest chopey

50m man that's 1/3 of the TV revenue and doesn't get you much at all in the market these days

This Takeover has to happen or we are fucked as a club imo

We really aren't, the takeover would give us the chance to fulfil the clubs potential, if Ashley stays it just means we carry on being the biggest yo yo club in the world with enough hope and potential that one day someone with vision and forciet will get together with the fans and build a better club.

Been reliably informed that he turned Juve down and that the current contract offer is £50M funds for this season and £50M the season after.

The take over has put everything on hold but it would seem his preferred option is to stay.

Been reliably informed that he turned Juve down and that the current contract offer is £50M funds for this season and £50M the season after.

The take over has put everything on hold but it would seem his preferred option is to stay.

What does 50m get these days?? and what is happening with the remaining money that is generated

Every single club in the league out spends us on recruitment yet 2/3 probably dont generate the same amount of revenue

It's about wages as well, Rafa knows we need players who will want £100,000 a week plus to push on, our owner won't pay that.

You can have all the transfer funds you like, you won't attract the caliber of player Rafa wants with lesser wages than others are willing to pay.

It's about wages as well, Rafa knows we need players who will want £100,000 a week plus to push on, our owner won't pay that.

You can have all the transfer funds you like, you won't attract the caliber of player Rafa wants with lesser wages than others are willing to pay.

Yep, it's more to do with wages imo.

Aye... That all has to be factored in to the 50m as well.

We all know its not just about funds with rafa as well, it's about the facilities and academy... Which i doubt the fat prick is willing to compromise on.

They'll try to make it out as though he wanted more money or some shit.

It'd be £50m plus sales though, which is fine. Sell a couple of Gayle, Shelvey and Hayden and we're up to at least £80m.

And how much of that 80m will it cost to replace them 3 making an improvement

Plus that money would have to include wages and agent fees.