Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Mon 25th November (Kick off 8pm live Sky Sports)

samptime29

Feel like we've not seen much from you this season, brummie[/member]. What do you make of your start/new signings?

I'd rather be higher up the table, but it's all very tightly bunched so not worried yet.

I am enjoying watching us, we try to play some good stuff, and have in spells looked very good. It's noticeable that we have a style of play. I saw a post on the Bruce thread here a few minutes ago about you getting results was about players rather than the manager, and I think that's spot on, that's what it was like for us under Bruce. I don't feel that way now.

There's a kinship at the moment between fans and team / manager which I have not really seen in a very long time. I read a post somewhere by a Villa fan saying that we've always loved the club and now we love the team, too, and mushily sentimental though that sounds, there's a definite element of truth in it. Crowds are up - every match sold out so far - but the most noticeable thing is the support, even when they're losing, they get the support because we can see that there's at last a defined plan.

We've had rich owners before and there were some good times under Lerner, but looking back, it was all a bit brainless - spend, spend, spend and then get bored and watch it die. This lot seem properly genuine.

I am enjoying going to the match again after 6 or 7 years of it being like a second job or something.

As for the signings - Engels, Heaton, Mings, Luiz, Nakamba - all quality. Trezeguet meh. Targett shit, Wesley weird (one week excellent, the next embarassing), Jota hard to tell. So many signings, though, it is bound to take a dozen games for them to gel.

We were basically left to rot for 5 or 6 years. Bruce was testing at times, awful towards the end, but nothing like as bad as the Lambert Mcleish years. The most important thing was surviving Lerner - incredible that his final act of incompetence was to sell to a con man - and get back on our feet.

The play off final this year was magnificent, as was the 10 game winning run, but what made it all better was the fact that a year previously we were actually facing a winding up order, we'd been so badly run.

Frightening times, and I suspect that's got a lot to do with the positivity now - a feeling you can not take things for granted.

I’m in Wolverhampton on Monday night :lol:

Hope you're up to date with all your vaccinations, HTT.

Wolves fans are odd. No bad feeling or anything resembling rivalry between the clubs, until they finished above us for the first time in almost 40 years, and since then they can't stop singing about us.

I don't get it. It's like they're apeing Coventry fans, who loathe us and sing songs about us all the time, yet I have barely met a single one of our fans who gives a shit about them. It's weird.

I’m constantly in Wolves, they are an odd bunch indeed. I was there last Thursday for the first time since before August and I noticed a growing hostility towards Villa like! I’m actually tempted to go there and watch this as a neutral if I can. Villa was my first ever away game and my fave away ground. What’s the chances of getting tickets for this?

For which match?

Guest Howaythetoon

Monday’s mate. I could probably get tickets for the away end like, but can’t be arsed with coked up Bruce happy clappers.

What happens is when a game sells out, they let ST holders who can't come sell their ticket on, through the club. They give you 80 percent of 1/19th of the cost of your ST, so it's a pretty good deal.

So if you go to the Villa OS at the moment you'll see there will be like a dozen tickets available - those are basically returned ST tickets, so, so long as the game is on general sale (and it will be now), you should be able to get one.

Kinda jealous of all those who seem to be now supporting Ashley's club and Bruce's lads after a few wins. I still want the whole thing to burn, although I'm starting to care less about us in particular and football in general lately. I can't see Ashley selling in the next 5/10 years no matter what happens, so I won't begrudge others enjoying whatever they can find worth enjoying from this joke of a club. As a matter of principle I can't enjoy seeing Ashley's methods achieve great success (17th place), so I'm finding myself drifting away. I think this is the first game this season I won't be actively supporting the opposition...I just don't think I care anymore.

Kinda jealous of all those who seem to be now supporting Ashley's club and Bruce's lads after a few wins. I still want the whole thing to burn, although I'm starting to care less about us in particular and football in general lately. I can't see Ashley selling in the next 5/10 years no matter what happens, so I won't begrudge others enjoying whatever they can find worth enjoying from this joke of a club. As a matter of principle I can't enjoy seeing Ashley's methods achieve great success (17th place), so I'm finding myself drifting away. I think this is the first game this season I won't be actively supporting the opposition...I just don't think I care anymore.

Get this viewpoint all day long :thup:.

This whole period of the club just feels completely fucking pointless iyam.

Like the middle bit of the movie when you're ready for the end.

Guest Howaythetoon

What happens is when a game sells out, they let ST holders who can't come sell their ticket on, through the club. They give you 80 percent of 1/19th of the cost of your ST, so it's a pretty good deal.

So if you go to the Villa OS at the moment you'll see there will be like a dozen tickets available - those are basically returned ST tickets, so, so long as the game is on general sale (and it will be now), you should be able to get one.

Cheers Brummie :thup: I’ll probably just watch it in a pub with the Wolves fans and root for Villa :lol: :(

Still hate them from the first relegation season. Smash em.

Their fans were still bad in the 2nd relegation season, despite being already down themselves.

Their fans come across as weird bellends, but I can totally see why fans of other clubs like to goad our fans. As a collective we're easy targets and really don't help ourselves.

How come? Can you expand on that comment?

I’m going round my sisters in laws to watch this in part just for a catch up. The last time I saw them they were shocked that I hadn’t been to any matches given I’ve finally moved back to Newcastle after 4 years. They were half giving it the “support the team not the regime” angle though neither of them goes that regularly. I just reeled off the list of things that have happened under Ashley and the complete lack of ambition finally encompassed by Rafas departure.

I’ll have a beer and watch the match, cheer if they score but it’s all half-hearted stuff and I have absolutely no intention of going down St James. My Chelsea mate summed it up on the phone yesterday “there’s probably 3 teams worse than you which is way you’ll stay up”. That’s where we are Jesu.

I actually think Saint-Maximan might score for some daft reason. 

I said before Bournemouth that 4 points in these two games will make us the most desirable for any potential purchaser than we have been for several years so I hope we win

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

What the hell is this?