Newcastle United v Leicester City - 3/1/2021 - 2:15pm (Live on Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

The fixture which for the last 5 or 6 years we've served up our worst performance of the season in. Opening a new year with it again, if its as bad as last time I'm going to commit seppuku.

(Mainly because I know a couple Leicester fans and they're both a pair of cunts)

Just remembering this game last season where we had 3 injuries by half time then Schar pulled up within a minute of the second half.

Played 45 minutes with 9 men plus Lejeune with 1 leg

Played 90 minutes of football in total v these last season with 10 men and with no ASM. By god I hope its watchable, been some absolute shockers from us in this fixture last few years.

Darlow, Yedln, Fede, Schar, Clark, Ritchie, Matty, Shelvey, Sean, Almiron, Wilson

5-3-2 with Matty and Shelvey deeper, Sean as a 10 of sorts further forward and Almiron and Wilson up top. Almiron there to break on counter and also put in a shift defensively with his energy and pressing. There’s no point having Murphy play or Joelinton. I think a midfield 3 is needed versus Leicester.

Just remembering this game last season where we had 3 injuries by half time then Schar pulled up within a minute of the second half.

Played 90 minutes of football in total v these last season with 10 men and with no ASM. By god I hope its watchable, been some absolute shockers from us in this fixture last few years.

On the flip side, those two Rafa specials at their place were tremendous. Tactical masterclass.

Then we went there last season...

Darlow, Yedln, Fede, Schar, Clark, Ritchie, Matty, Shelvey, Sean, Almiron, Wilson

5-3-2 with Matty and Shelvey deeper, Sean as a 10 of sorts further forward and Almiron and Wilson up top. Almiron there to break on counter and also put in a shift defensively with his energy and pressing. There’s no point having Murphy play or Joelinton. I think a midfield 3 is needed versus Leicester.

You've given that far too much thought. Luckily for Leicester, Steve Bruce won't have.

I fancy us for a point here if we can play with the same effort as v Liverpool . 1-1 with a Wilson penalty for us.

I don’t think Sean Longstaff and Shelvey should both start together ever again after seeing how much better we are with some legs in midfield and them plodders out the team. Suppose one of them will have to start though as we don’t really have any other decent options.

On the flip side, those two Rafa specials at their place were tremendous. Tactical masterclass.

Then we went there last season...

Oh aye, away from home v these there's been good moments. At SJP though it's been utterly fucking miserable.

Yes indeed..i presented myself in the welcome aboard topic

Welcome aboard, try the takeover thread, that’s a good grounding for you  :lol:

What’s your score prediction today mukka

3-0 Leicester, too easy for them, they'll lay off us in the second half to conserve energy with the job already done and we'll still struggle to get out our own half, the one time we do will see them score their 3rd and game over. Bruce will say we were in it up until that 3rd goal and had our effort gone in it would have been a different game, but we'll roll wor sleeves up and go again.