Leicester City owner amongst 5 killed in helicopter crash at King Power stadium

Guest pricedoutoftoon

Am i deaf, what did he say?

About the woman in the helicopter in the media she's named as a work colleague or something like that when in fact she's his mistress

Listened to a football podcast, might have been Guardian one and they called her the partner of the pilot or some such description  rather than co-pilot. Minor I know but annoyed me a bit.

Am i deaf, what did he say?

About the woman in the helicopter in the media she's named as a work colleague or something like that when in fact she's his mistress

Listened to a football podcast, might have been Guardian one and they called her the partner of the pilot or some such description  rather than co-pilot. Minor I know but annoyed me a bit.

Different women, Si (there was 2 onboard)...but yeh, the other one being "the fiance of pilot" narked me hence the OP having my take. She was a pilot and an instructor in her own right. But wasn't on this flight, I think...but it still felt disingenuous to only describe her as a girlfriend.

Ah right cheers, assumed he was talking about her. Just read the story properly. He's got to be looking at the boot either way.

Newly released video of it taking off and losing control should at least quash any rumours of it exploding in midair. Seems to start turning and then just go into a spin.

Awful - saw that last night - it just looks surreal watching it leaving the centre circle the hovering and spinning before plummeting  :'(

R.I.P

Seems like the tail rotor stopped. Don't know if that's from a mechanical failure, hitting something or whatever. But apparently without the tail rotor going, the momentum of the main blades will cause the whole thing to spin out of control.

I'm thinking that. Fucking hero of a pilot stopped the main blades and aimed it away from the crowds. Imagine that being the last thing you fucking do, man, knowing it. He had three seconds to do that, taking out his lass, his boss, and two others, but saving shitloads. Once the main rotor's off, you're sitting in a stone. The thing just plummeted.

Shit. :(

The spin it went into was awful. Horrible stuff.

Were you there, mate? I'll talk to Lesta Lass tomorrow and hear if any of her fam were there. Don't get into a helicopter, peeps.

There's a clear video of it. be amazed if the pilot could attempt to do anything.

Guest reefatoon

Were you there, mate? I'll talk to Lesta Lass tomorrow and hear if any of her fam were there. Don't get into a helicopter, peeps.

I wasn't, it was from the video footage of it. It goes into a wild spin before going down. Must have been terrifying.

There's a clear video of it. be amazed if the pilot could attempt to do anything.

He fucking did though, aimed it at car park E, missed the crowds. Poor fucker.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ve never thought helicopters were safe, you wouldn’t catch me in one. Mind I hate flying and after learning about this tradgedy only heightened my fear flying which I had to endure last night. I would rather take my chances in a plane. Those poor people inside though. I only hope it was so quick their death they literally just closed there eyes and that was that. I can’t watch that footage, urgh!

Guest firetotheworks

Statistically it's pretty fucking safe, but I've never liked helicopters either. I don't like how if anything goes massively wrong you're almost certainly dead. At least planes glide and there's the chance to pull out of a nosedive or spin if there's a catastrophic failure. Helicopters just plummet and AFAIK there's nothing you can do.

Guest Howaythetoon

Statistically it's pretty fucking safe, but I've never liked helicopters either. I don't like how if anything goes massively wrong you're almost certainly dead. At least planes glide and there's the chance to pull out of a nosedive or spin if there's a catastrophic failure. Helicopters just plummet and AFAIK there's nothing you can do.

Aye that’s what I meant about unsafe, in that if anything does go wrong, it’s over.

All depends upon the impact really there have been plenty of military helicopters went down where the people inside have survived they tend to try and make the rotor blades take the initial impact then roll it

Yep, agree with this. You have a chance, if something goes wrong with a plane, but helicopter is nearly always fatal.

Helicopters can glide too and pilots are trained to do this. You need a functioning tail rotor to do it though and that failing meant this was not going to end well.

Yep that's why in any warzone anyone attempting to down a chopper always aims for the tail rotor as take that out and it drops like a stone