FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

Guest GallowgateKev

Personally think it should never go out of Europe

Seems to be a fair few who actually agree with this though... Or Europe + Aussie + US. At the end of the day a well run FIFA would never have voted for Qatar. But saying that a World Cup should only be played in countries where there are facilities and infrastructure in place already actually takes away a huge majority of nations who deserve a chance to host. FIFA should promote development in countries, because that's the power football has. A well run FIFA organization wouldn't pocket the profit made in Brazil for example and let the tax-payers pay for their party. FIFA should invest all their profits back into football by many different means including one of them being is infrastructure such as footballing stadiums and easier access to stadiums in countries where they don't work.

Enough of money being pocketed, it's a non-profit organization with a huge balance which should be distributed in many different ways. So many parts of the world where children don't even have a pitch to play on. The World Cup in South Africa was a nice idea, unfortunately politicians robbed the people of one of the benefits of having one there.

I was joking, however, I do think there should be certain levels of criteria to host such an event. 

Guest GallowgateKev

I've always felt that Newcastle and Philadelphia should co-host every World Cup, personally.

Too much travelling between games.

Personally think it should never go out of Europe

Seems to be a fair few who actually agree with this though... Or Europe + Aussie + US. At the end of the day a well run FIFA would never have voted for Qatar. But saying that a World Cup should only be played in countries where there are facilities and infrastructure in place already actually takes away a huge majority of nations who deserve a chance to host. FIFA should promote development in countries, because that's the power football has. A well run FIFA organization wouldn't pocket the profit made in Brazil for example and let the tax-payers pay for their party. FIFA should invest all their profits back into football by many different means including one of them being is infrastructure such as footballing stadiums and easier access to stadiums in countries where they don't work.

Enough of money being pocketed, it's a non-profit organization with a huge balance which should be distributed in many different ways. So many parts of the world where children don't even have a pitch to play on. The World Cup in South Africa was a nice idea, unfortunately politicians robbed the people of one of the benefits of having one there.

I was joking, however, I do think there should be certain levels of criteria to host such an event. 

Oh I agree. But some people seem to think that the criteria should be built on things that doesn't apply to 98% of nations which would mean northern Europe + US hosting it every time. I look forward to a World Cup in England though.

:thup: the only money a national government should be spending on events like the WC/Olympics is on infrastructure that will benefit the whole population.

There's probably about 40/50 countries who could realistically hold a WC themselves or in co-op. It's really not that difficult.

Japan & Korea was a great World Cup.  South Africa was fine although there were some problems. Just hold it somewhere that's realistic, it's not hard really.

Right, we're not saying that every location has to be perfect in every way.

Just as long as it isn't a tiny state AND has a record of horrific human rights abuses AND has no footballing tradition whatsoever AND is a billion degrees in the summer.

Japan & Korea was a great World Cup.  South Africa was fine although there were some problems. Just hold it somewhere that's realistic, it's not hard really.

Just as long as it isn't a tiny state AND has a record of horrific human rights abuses AND has no footballing tradition whatsoever AND is a billion degrees in the summer.

And where it's illegal to effectively exist for approximately 10% of the population of the world :lol:

And where it's illegal to effectively exist for approximately 10% of the population of the world :lol:

Yes, indeed.

So that's FIFA who go through the motions of fighting racism and inequality, awarding the next tournament to Russia - a country with a significant problem with both racism and homoephobia - and Qatar, which is amongst the few "modern" countries with an even more pitiable human rights record than Russia. One which is using slave labour to construct the stadia.

Brilliant.

It's also good to see the sponsors saying today they're concerned. I can only imagine they'll manage to overcome these concerns as easily as they've done for the past couple of decades in which the world and his wife knew FIFA were corrupt as fuck.

Still, what can we expect from the sort of companies who, themselves, stop worrying about equality as soon as it might impinge on their ability to churn out cheap shit from Asian sweatshops running, to a large extent, on child labour.

Football is a massive turd of hypocrisy from top to bottom.

The only really surprising thing is how many of us, otherwise sane, moral, thoughtful people manage to turn a blind eye to it so successfully.

Maybe a giggs, but did anyone hear the African Bloke on Nicky Campbells show on Radio5 defending Blatter? :lol: :lol:

Think you'll find there'll be loads of those. Latest is the "Asian soccer federation".

Which is why Blatter might actually still be in a job after all this. Ludicrous stuff, really.

yep- but this one man :lol:  wish i knew how to find stuff from radio5, this was exceptional and worth a listen.

Sepp Blatter is going to go from claiming to be in best of health when running for re-election to being wheeled into courtrooms with an oxygen tank, I guarantee.

Some great stuff on Sky News right now. Platini asked Blatter to resign. Blatter refused. Platini has not ruled out taking UEFA out of FIFA, etc...

Explosive stuff...

too he's as bad as Blatter, he after all voted for Qatar which even Blatter didn't do (iirc) and is too chicken shit to stand against him so sends out this prince ali dude to get beaten, frankly fifa uefa all the other confederations and in all liklihood the vast majority of the FA's are corrupt beyond redemption and need to be scrapped and started again.

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC  18m18 minutes ago

Blatter: "I must stress that those who are corrupt in football are in a minority ... football cannot be the exception to the rule."

I wonder if he actually thinks anyone buys this bullshit

Maybe a giggs, but did anyone hear the African Bloke on Nicky Campbells show on Radio5 defending Blatter? :lol: :lol:

Think you'll find there'll be loads of those. Latest is the "Asian soccer federation".

Which is why Blatter might actually still be in a job after all this. Ludicrous stuff, really.

yep- but this one man :lol:  wish i knew how to find stuff from radio5, this was exceptional and worth a listen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05w7tz5

41mins.

Putin talking out his arse, saying the US should've stayed out of it given nowt happened on their soil. Obviously needs to read up on US law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_Corrupt_Practices_Act

Completely affects them if bribes were being made in US dollars, which presumably they were.

Troll Master P up to his usual shenanigans. TBF I'd be perfectly fine with Obama saying, "Yeah, we're doing this because fuck Russia."

While we're fiercely debating the subject of who should/shouldn't be allowed to host a WC, I'd like to see first-time hosts Colombia, Australia/NZ, Canada, Belgium/Netherlands, and Morocco at some point.

Putin talking out his arse, saying the US should've stayed out of it given nowt happened on their soil. Obviously needs to read up on US law.

Completely affects them if bribes were being made in US dollars, which presumably they were.

Troll Master P up to his usual shenanigans. TBF I'd be perfectly fine with Obama saying, "Yeah, we're doing this because f*** Russia."

Been investigating since 2009, haven't they? Puts this "America did it because they didn't get the WC" bollocks to bed.

Troll Master P up to his usual shenanigans. TBF I'd be perfectly fine with Obama saying, "Yeah, we're doing this because f*** Russia."

Been investigating since 2009, haven't they? Puts this "America did it because they didn't get the WC" bollocks to bed.

Yeah it's nonsense. Gonna hear even more drivel if they revote and the U.S. ends up getting 2022 though. Why I'm kinda pulling for Australia. I'm not worried about never seeing another U.S. WC in my lifetime, it's bound to happen sooner rather than later regardless.

While we're fiercely debating the subject of who should/shouldn't be allowed to host a WC, I'd like to see first-time hosts Colombia, Australia/NZ, Canada, Belgium/Netherlands, and Morocco at some point.

Belgium and Holland would be mint, seem to remember Euro 2000 being a good tournament except for the English fans... Australian time difference though  :undecided:

I think Morocco may have soiled their sheet after the AFCON debacle, otherwise I'd agree (bar Canada unless they become marginally good first).

Shame is, sans Putin and rampant oppression of all non-straight white Russian nationalists, Russia would actually be a really decent host. Massive, interesting country with a great footballing history and loads of suitable host cities. Same with China (bar the footballing history).

Somewhere like Poland would probably be able to host it too.

Jesus, a world cup in Colombia.

I think Morocco may have soiled their sheet after the AFCON debacle, otherwise I'd agree (bar Canada unless they become marginally good first).

Shame is, sans Putin and rampant oppression of all non-straight white Russian nationalists, Russia would actually be a really decent host. Massive, interesting country with a great footballing history and loads of suitable host cities.

It's a shame that we probably won't see another African host for many, many years.

Just imagine the tea ladies! Never mind the lady fans. :lol:

What player would dare score against them there? :lol: