FIFA World Cup: 2030 hosts confirmed as Spain/Portugal/Morocco & Argentina/Paraguay/Uruguay

Noodles

so how long until FIFA bans the U.S because of "political interference in football"

:lol: Would be the most Partridgeshrug.gif moment. We'd just start our own goddamn international football organization. With playoffs.

The WC shouldn't be going to nations that don't have the proper infrastructure, accommodations, transportation and of course sporting stadiums either. If the Cup becomes a positive catalyst for economic growth that can be SUSTAINED, fair enough, but if you're just building shit for sake of it then not having any way of keeping it long-term its pointless.

England should have had another WC by now, and the USA should be in line for another as well. I'm biased, but fuck it. I'd also like to see more Cups in Europe as well. Again more biased towards atmosphere and appreciation etc.

so how long until FIFA bans the U.S because of "political interference in football"

:lol: Would be the most Partridgeshrug.gif moment. We'd just start our own goddamn international football organization. With playoffs.

:sweetjesus:

Guest GallowgateKev

Blatter will get away with it, it'll be the minions who get charged....

Money talks!

The WC shouldn't be going to nations that don't have the proper infrastructure, accommodations, transportation and of course sporting stadiums either. If the Cup becomes a positive catalyst for economic growth that can be SUSTAINED, fair enough, but if you're just building s*** for sake of it then not having any way of keeping it long-term its pointless.

England should have had another WC by now, and the USA should be in line for another as well. I'm biased, but f*** it. I'd also like to see more Cups in Europe as well. Again more biased towards atmosphere and appreciation etc.

The culture of the country should also be taken into account. Awarding the tournament to blatantly racist, sexist and homophobic countries is near enough an endorsement of their ways.

FIFA should release a statement saying the competition will only be awarded to countries that meet fit and proper criteria with regards to culture. That way they might actually encourage the likes of Qatar and Russia to implement positive change.

The WC shouldn't be going to nations that don't have the proper infrastructure, accommodations, transportation and of course sporting stadiums either. If the Cup becomes a positive catalyst for economic growth that can be SUSTAINED, fair enough, but if you're just building s*** for sake of it then not having any way of keeping it long-term its pointless.

England should have had another WC by now, and the USA should be in line for another as well. I'm biased, but f*** it. I'd also like to see more Cups in Europe as well. Again more biased towards atmosphere and appreciation etc.

The culture of the country should also be taken into account. Awarding the tournament to blatantly racist, sexist and homophobic countries is near enough an endorsement of their ways.

FIFA should release a statement saying the competition will only be awarded to countries that meet fit and proper criteria with regards to culture. That way they might actually encourage the likes of Qatar and Russia to implement positive change.

Agree with that too - and to be honest, those countries will never change.

Guest neesy111

A world cup in Oz would be OK if they didn't use Perth. Still, minging amounts of travel and too much oddly shaped, small stadia.

Think it would be a joint bid with New Zealand if they did it.

So basically in like 4, 5 countries then. Not many countries have sporting stadiums that fit the criteria for a World Cup. Think the World Cup should be spread out to promote the sport, but it should also be done to improve societies in places where they are being hosted and not a for the sole purpose of robbing the country of even more. England should definitely have one soon, but the US? Had one 20 years ago, they could wait another 10-20 years. Australia have to be in line as well as someone said.

A world cup in Oz would be OK if they didn't use Perth. Still, minging amounts of travel and too much oddly shaped, small stadia.

Think it would be a joint bid with New Zealand if they did it.

Aye,

MCG

Suncorp

ANZ

Allianz

Adelaide Oval (?)

Wellington basin

Dunedin

just off the top of my head.

Guest GallowgateKev

Personally think it's about time San Marino had a go

P.S is this even a country?

The WC shouldn't be going to nations that don't have the proper infrastructure, accommodations, transportation and of course sporting stadiums either. If the Cup becomes a positive catalyst for economic growth that can be SUSTAINED, fair enough, but if you're just building shit for sake of it then not having any way of keeping it long-term its pointless.

England should have had another WC by now, and the USA should be in line for another as well. I'm biased, but fuck it. I'd also like to see more Cups in Europe as well. Again more biased towards atmosphere and appreciation etc.

Someone born in the 90s in Europe will have to wait until they are in their mid 30s (at the earliest, we still don't know what backwards country they'll give it to in 2026) to go to a World Cup unless they could afford to travel half the world for it or go to a horribly homophobic and racist country. I'm born in 1988, so turned 18 just as the World Cup in Germany kicked off, won't have had a chance to go to a World Cup until I'm 38 now :lol:

So basically in like 4, 5 countries then. Not many countries have sporting stadiums that fit the criteria for a World Cup. Think the World Cup should be spread out to promote the sport, but it should also be done to improve societies in places where they are being hosted and not a for the sole purpose of robbing the country of even more. England should definitely have one soon, but the US? Had one 20 years ago, they could wait another 10-20 years. Australia have to be in line as well as someone said.

Qatar don't even have enough cities never mind stadia :lol:

Anyone that voted for a world cup to take place in a desert in 40+ heat has clearly taken a few bags of gold and a few hundred camels thrown in for good measure.  Insane decision (not that I have anything against the middle east)

This! I don't begrudge a massive country like Russia the chance to host a world cup (obviously if they're found guilty of wrong-doing then by all means string them up). But Qatar? For fuck's sake. About as anti-football as you can get a host nation.