Match tickets

Crumpy Gunt

Well, after not being able to bring myself to push the button pre-season on cancelling my ST, yesterday it finally happened. Was on the 10 year thing so i've paid for 7 months out of 12. Payments were only £36 per month but i've only been v Watford and Brighton so effectively i've paid about £125 a game. Doesn't seem any point in paying another £200 or so til the end of the season when my heart isn't in it. Me and my daughter were going to games together for 21 years, since she was 3. She chucked it in the summer. Bought a one off ticket for 'her' seat next to me for the Brighton game as she admitted to having withdrawal symptoms. Safe to say she now realises she's missing nowt. The worst possible advert to tempt her back. So there we have it. 43 years of me going regularly and 28 years as a ST holder gone at the press of a button. The decision is was made by my feeling of apathy as much as protest. An apathy brought on by Ashleys lack of ambition or even interest in the club. We've been s**t for most of my life but in the past it's bothered me when we'rent doing well. Now i barely care. Having said that about protest, if it's one more empty seat towards change then fantastic.

I tried and failed to get my money back for this seasons season ticket, as I paid for it in full back in march in the hope Rafa stayed. I thought I'd try a game as I had a season ticket that was played for in full so went to Watford at home. That's the only 1 I've been to this season. I may attend 1 or 2 more before the seasons out but I dont know.

Next years ticket is cancelled. 28 years after this season of being a season ticket holder gone.

Well, after not being able to bring myself to push the button pre-season on cancelling my ST, yesterday it finally happened. Was on the 10 year thing so i've paid for 7 months out of 12. Payments were only £36 per month but i've only been v Watford and Brighton so effectively i've paid about £125 a game. Doesn't seem any point in paying another £200 or so til the end of the season when my heart isn't in it. Me and my daughter were going to games together for 21 years, since she was 3. She chucked it in the summer. Bought a one off ticket for 'her' seat next to me for the Brighton game as she admitted to having withdrawal symptoms. Safe to say she now realises she's missing nowt. The worst possible advert to tempt her back. So there we have it. 43 years of me going regularly and 28 years as a ST holder gone at the press of a button. The decision is was made by my feeling of apathy as much as protest. An apathy brought on by Ashleys lack of ambition or even interest in the club. We've been s**t for most of my life but in the past it's bothered me when we'rent doing well. Now i barely care. Having said that about protest, if it's one more empty seat towards change then fantastic.

I tried and failed to get my money back for this seasons season ticket, as I paid for it in full back in march in the hope Rafa stayed. I thought I'd try a game as I had a season ticket that was played for in full so went to Watford at home. That's the only 1 I've been to this season. I may attend 1 or 2 more before the seasons out but I dont know.

Next years ticket is cancelled. 28 years after this season of being a season ticket holder gone.

:clap:

^^ The words of somebody who isn't a real fan, according to Facebook's intellectuals.

Cheers for the support folks. I feel strangely relieved since I cancelled. After cancelling, one of the 1st people  I bumped into was a 'mackem'  at work. I use the inverted commas because  he's  from Wallsend or somewhere and attends once in a blue moon. He asked if I was enjoying watching  my team. Funnily enough, I've just cancelled my ST I replied. He starts shaking his head in disgust and more or less tried to tell me I should support  my club no matter what. Picked the wrong moment to start such a conversation. I explained I've followed my club for 43 years but that club is now a pointless club. One which no longer attempts to compete. One who are only playing to finish between 13th and 20th most seasons, and cups? Why even enter? Told him how I now envy other clubs for at least trying to be the best they can be. While they are hilariously  making hard work of it so far, even his shitty club WANT to succeed.

It’s hard to understand unless your club has been possessed by a parasite like ours has.

A lot of people I know in London start talking about it in normal football terms... oh, we’ll stay up, we’ve signed a player, Bruce is alright etc. Have to explain that all those things are irrelevant, there’s no football club in the normal sense of the word.

Not something football fans are well equipped to deal with.

It’s hard to understand unless your club has been possessed by a parasite like ours has.

A lot of people I know in London start talking about it in normal football terms... oh, we’ll stay up, we’ve signed a player, Bruce is alright etc. Have to explain that all those things are irrelevant, there’s no football club in the normal sense of the word.

Not something football fans are well equipped to deal with.

Aye this is what I've found. Even after you explain things clearly as you have there, the next day you'll again get "you must have loved that Willems strike?" No! I couldn't have cared less!

I didn't renew my seat, my sons or my dads this season....  My dad was touch and go as to whether he was just going to go on his own until the rumours of Steve Bruce becoming manager, it took that level of shitdom to make him realize he would be throwing him money away at a dead horse!

I watched a bit of the Arsenal match on teevee and realized that I wasn't interested.  Since then I have barely even checked the results, I assume we are very low in the league, perhaps even bottom??  Checks now...  ooo 17th...  maintain that level and Ashely will be delighted!

Anyone who is still going please have a think, what is the point of it?  I have not missed it a single bit.... 

Man. U fans buying tickets surely, why the jump mid way ?

Gotta be.... can see trouble happening if last season's Liverpool game was anything to go by.

100% going to be kicking off, loads of away fans will be dotted around, you don’t open up a public sale ffs when the likes of Man U are coming, it’s another reason our club haven’t a clue what they are doing.

Manc all over

This latest defeat should be putthing more and more people off going to the games which is a good thing.

You would think.  I still can't fathom why,  despite all that's gone on/going on, that people still aren't put off.

This latest defeat should be putthing more and more people off going to the games which is a good thing.

You would think.  I still can't fathom why,  despite all that's gone on/going on, that people still aren't put off.

And £51 lighter ffs  :lol: