St James' Park

Delima

Do people really want to move the fucking stadium? I realise there are insurmountable issues to expanding it to ridiculous hyper modern stadium standards, but is there a better placed stadium location from any club in the league? It's too symbolic and we should stay even if we can't expand to a ridiculous number of seats

Do people really want to move the fucking stadium? I realise there are insurmountable issues to expanding it to ridiculous hyper modern stadium standards, but is there a better placed stadium location from any club in the league? It's too symbolic and we should stay even if we can't expand to a ridiculous number of seats

Couldn't agree more

The stadium is good for business for the city, the council should be bending over backwards to make sure it stays put.

£25m the rugby weekend was worth. Wouldnt happen if sjp was 5 miles out the centre.

The stadium is good for business for the city, the council should be bending over backwards to make sure it stays put.

£25m the rugby weekend was worth. Wouldnt happen if sjp was 5 miles out the centre.

The Magic Weekend has just been held at Anfield. Many Rugby League fans  were unhappy about it being moved from SJP and even more so after experiencing Anfield because of it’s location and the lack of things to do around the stadium. 

The city centre location is a huge asset to the club and for these big events, it creates a great atmosphere around the event because all the fans are mostly concentrated in the city centre compared to other cities where all the visitors are spread out all over the place.

The Magic Weekend has just been held at Anfield. Many Rugby League fans  were unhappy about it being moved from SJP and even more so after experiencing Anfield because of it’s location and the lack of things to do around the stadium. 

The city centre location is a huge asset to the club and for these big events, it creates a great atmosphere around the event because all the fans are mostly concentrated in the city centre compared to other cities where all the visitors are spread out all over the place.

Aye, works both ways. The club and the city need to be one. Juve’s Move (wham to s lesser extent) should show why a bigger stadium somewhere in the middle of nowhere isn’t the be all and atmosphere, surroundings and belonging all play a part.

Spin the stadium around, block the strawberry delveopment, stay at 52, all preferred options for me and should be for the city.

O0 O0 O0

Absolutely spot on.

A few weeks ago when the rugby finals were on, I had fans coming up to me at work saying they were enjoying the city and it’s nice to go to a stadium that’s pretty much in the city centre.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

St James' Park is the best thing in the city by fucking miles. Never, ever leave, ever, ever, ever. Just spruce the twat up a bit. Get Greggs in to do the food, and get Wylam to do the booze.

100%  :thup:

I quite like that idea of rotating the pitch to make the sides bigger, having the small east stand as one of the ends would be a bit mad like, but that's how it would have to be.

But we would have to have a temporary stadium while it's done?

I quite like that idea of rotating the pitch to make the sides bigger, having the small east stand as one of the ends would be a bit mad like, but that's how it would have to be.

Heard someone down the road can't sell out their games, not even a trip to 'Wembly'. They might want to rent their place for some extra needed cash if we're interested.

Heard someone down the road can't sell out their games, not even a trip to 'Wembly'. They might want to rent their place for some extra needed cash if we're interested.

:scared:

:scared:

You do know that I was joking right?

Guest Open_C

If we’re gonna stay, they have to do something to the exterior. Looks so fucking dated now.

It's a thing of beauty, just needs a bit of work and a good Sheikh-funded ablution.

OpenC[/member]  :smug:

Beautifully deployed :thup:

• 2 weeks later...