St James' Park

Delima

Was there folks, Brilliant for the city. Cracking game too. Stadium looked beautiful. Irish all over. Saracens are mint

I heard "We love Newcastle we do" sung in heavy French accents on Friday night.

Looks like rail seating's finally catching on in lieu of proper safe standing legislation (Spurs have it already, Wolves announced today they're installing it), would be great to see it installed in the Gallowgate and the corners.

The ST holders in the stand getting done at wolves voted 97% in favour, I believe. I'd love to see the Gallowgate done but as I won't be watching it's irrelevant really.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chopey

So do we want a new stadium on the Arena site or just tart up and extend St James?

Asking for a friend.

Looking at a map of Newcastle, apart from the Town Moor, there’s not a lot of choice of places to build a new stadium. Unless the plan would be to buy a lot of existing properties only to knock them down.

The often quoted area of Newcastle for a new stadium, is Gosforth Park.

Many people want to keep the Stadium in the City Centre though, and Gosforth Park (where Newcastle Racecourse is) is regarded as a bit too 'far out', by many.

The Town Moor as our main "City Centre Park", though only part of it is laid out as a Victorian-style park, such as Exhibition Park, Nuns Moor Park, and Leazes Park (all part of the Town Moor) is unlikely to ever be released by the Freeman for a new stadium.