Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Would it be mischevious to suggest it might be the English "Irishmen" who were "left stunned" (as reported by The Mail) by the "anti-English" sentiments of the video?

Alan Kelly, the goalkeeping coach. Strange one because he's been involved in the set up in some way since the mid 90s and will definitely have heard worse

Do you still have a few players that were born and raised in England, that qualify because of a grandparent? Imagine that would be a bit awkward for them.

Yes, although not as many. 3 in the squad for the English game, all very committed players. We'd have to see what the video actually was, most sources seemed to think it was harmless and pro-Irish rather than anti-English.

Alan Kelly, the goalkeeping coach seemed to be the one with the biggest issue with it, which is odd as he's been involved as either a player or coach since the mid 90s when the players literally sang rebel songs on the way to games. He's English born and raised but that's just because his dad was a footballer over there and won loads of caps for us.

I’m not particularly patriotic or proud of what this country has done a lot of the time. So it would have to be pretty bad for me to consider it as wrong or offensive.

I can’t imagine they would have gone to extremes?!

without seeing it for ourselves impossible to say but can't imagine it was anything too bad. Some media reports over here are saying it was stuff about the easter rising in 1916 which while sure nothing really offensive if that's true but whats the fucking point of even showing that, just stick on put em under pressure if that doesn't motivate them nowt will.

Whats more interesting to me is who leaked this, clearly somebody in the camp isn't happy with Kenny and wants rid of him

The last line is what you would take away from this. Keep it in house and comment on it if it really is that bad. The fact it leaks would suggest that it’s an unhappy camp. Not really that surprising looking at their form.

yep but in mitigation for Kenny between Covid and injuries it has been ridiculous amount of absences in the squad, I think by wednesdays game 14 out of the original 25 man squad was missing for one reason or another