Newcastle United v Oxford United 25/1/2020 FA Cup 4th round

Just a propheteer

Forgive me for I have sinned....

Taking the bairn to this one. Hes 6 and footy mad, it's not his fault Mike Ashley is a cunt. I dont want to ruin it for him.

It was 17 quid in the fat man's pocket but it's a worthwhile sacrifice against my morals. First time I've been in 18 months.

Taking the bairn to this one. Hes 6 and footy mad, it's not his fault Mike Ashley is a cunt. I dont want to ruin it for him.

It was 17 quid in the fat man's pocket but it's a worthwhile sacrifice against my morals. First time I've been in 18 months.

I can understand that, might do the same if I had a child. Hard to explain that their football club is futile at the age of 6.

I'd probably just try to steer them towards board games.

Guest neesy111

Taking the bairn to this one. Hes 6 and footy mad, it's not his fault Mike Ashley is a c***. I dont want to ruin it for him.

Scum.

:rose:

:lol:

I remember when I was little going to my first match. Won 5-1 against Villa in 1994. Fans were singing "Are you watching big fat Ron!" Ron Atkinson was their manager. That was when we had proper fans and a good manager.

When you are that age, it's a real experience. Once you have been a few times the novelty wears off somewhat.

Anyway, hopefully Bentaleb will get a game and we play some football.

I remember when I was little going to my first match. Won 5-1 against Villa in 1994. Fans were singing "Are you watching big fat Ron!" Ron Atkinson was their manager. That was when we had proper fans and a good manager.

When you are that age, it's a real experience. Once you have been a few times the novelty wears off somewhat.

Was this when Paul McGrath was awol and they also sang, “Ooh, ahh, where’s McGrath, I said ooh ah where’s McGrath?” Or have I imagined this?

EDIT: Thought it rang a bell...

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12673842.mcgrath-goes-awol/

Over 42k sold for this already. Another strong team no doubt. Let's get to round 5 for the first time in over a decade  :frantic:

Yes because ‘big mike’ really wants us to win this

A reason as good as anyone to want us to do well in the cup, I guess.

Was this when Paul McGrath was awol and they also sang, “Ooh, ahh, where’s McGrath, I said ooh ah where’s McGrath?” Or have I imagined this?

EDIT: Thought it rang a bell...

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12673842.mcgrath-goes-awol/

Don’t remember that at all. Do remember the Big Fat Ron chants though, was a game of cracking goals.

It's hardly a sin, you are not buying a season ticket which puts a huge wedge in the fat man's pocket, a tenner for you and five for the kid for a rare visit isn't the end of the world. I also decided to sin. :rolleyes:

Just hope your little one doesn't get the bug and ask you to take them every other week after his first experience. Otherwise you might find it hard to say no to two tickets.

👍🏻

I too have sinned.  I bought a ticket for me and my son.  We promised ourselves we were done with this club but, I actually fancy going to see this team...  they seem to, at least, give a shit!

Unlike under Rafa?

Can totally understand why people are going like. Good chance of getting into the 5th round for the first time in years and we seem to be taking the cup more seriously this year. You cant help people getting wrapped up in a cup run, that's what the game is all about at the end of the day.

Hope you both enjoy it. I’m sure he will. Now that you’ve put your (understandable) grievances to one side, remember that you’re allowed to enjoy it too. Mike Ashley doesn’t benefit either way from you having an enjoyable day (unless you decide to go back again, but that’s a discussion for another day).