Toon Army: North America

Guest toonarmymia

Yes. I live in Manayunk (for now) and regularly go to games there. Not even sure who owns the place but the manager guy is a Liverpool fan. He was there for the Liverpool game in his shirt. 2 vs 20+ was humorous.

Join the facey group if you're on t'book.

Yes. I live in Manayunk (for now) and regularly go to games there. Not even sure who owns the place but the manager guy is a Liverpool fan. He was there for the Liverpool game in his shirt. 2 vs 20+ was humorous.

Join the facey group if you're on t'book.

I did, just haven’t made it to a game yet. Two young kids makes it tricky. I’m not far from Manayunk in Lower Merion.

• 1 month later...

Is this NBC Gold thing worth it?  I'm only interested in our games - are we on it all the time?  If I subscribe can I watch it through my cable box or does it only work through computers/tablets/phones?

We're on it maybe twice a month, probably more coming up in December. Most of the streaming gadgets like AppleTV, Chromecast let you put in on your TV, but otherwise you have use a mobile device. I don't have Gold and am doing fine without it, I suggest not buying it.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

DAZN in Canada, sole carrier of all games, as far as I know. I got an annual subscription before Rafa left, now I don't feel like watching or following anything related to NUFC, football-wise. Thanks Mike.

• 1 year later...

I've definitely not watched games just because they're on peacock. All I need to do is just walk into the other room and put in on my PS4, but somehow that seems like too much compared to just turning on the tv.

The only thing that really bothers me is making cable/satellite subscribers pay twice, just have a streaming package with every game and cable one with every game, which is what it used to be. They basically took away games and put them behind a paywall for an inferior, delayed stream. It's dumb as hell.

I've definitely not watched games just because they're on peacock. All I need to do is just walk into the other room and put in on my PS4, but somehow that seems like too much compared to just turning on the tv. The only thing that really bothers me is making cable/satellite subscribers pay twice, just have a streaming package with every game and cable one with every game, which is what it used to be. They basically took away games and put them behind a paywall for an inferior, delayed stream. It's dumb as hell.

And today's matches were both paid. :rolleyes:

I use Roku and NBC refuses to make a Peacock app for it so I just say fuck it, I guess. I bet they're losing tons of viewers and all sitting around a big desk being like "I bet it's the pandemic"

I've definitely not watched games just because they're on peacock. All I need to do is just walk into the other room and put in on my PS4, but somehow that seems like too much compared to just turning on the tv. The only thing that really bothers me is making cable/satellite subscribers pay twice, just have a streaming package with every game and cable one with every game, which is what it used to be. They basically took away games and put them behind a paywall for an inferior, delayed stream. It's dumb as hell.

And today's matches were both paid. :rolleyes:

I use Roku and NBC refuses to make a Peacock app for it so I just say fuck it, I guess. I bet they're losing tons of viewers and all sitting around a big desk being like "I bet it's the pandemic"

There's an app on Roku now. It was a classic US TV contractual dispute thingy.

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/21/21448813/peacock-streaming-roku-nbc-universal-tv-movies-sports-news

And aye, Peacock is shite. The games are getting put on there because Peacock inevitably only has about 10 subscribers, so they're desperately trying to get football fans to sign up.

• 1 year later...

Hola. Anywhere in the Dallas area this weekend to watch the game? Gonna be in town, and I haven’t actually seen a Toon game in a bar since pre-covid, would be great to get a few pints in and meet fellow barcodes. 

• 9 months later...

Went to the fanfest in Philadelphia yesterday.

Probably top 10 worst experiences in my life. Dragged my 3 year old to this "family event"... 3 hours in line to get in. Got in with 20 minutes of the match left, having arrived an hour and a half before kickoff. And then everything inside was a massive wait too.