Yohan Cabaye retires

Optimistic Nut

Next season is a decade since the 5th placed season ffs.

Love that clip of him and Chiek taking the piss against Man U. Wonderfully balanced midfield duo.

His last game away to West Ham was one of the best I’ve been to, beautiful FK too.

Next season is a decade since the 5th placed season ffs.

Love that clip of him and Chiek taking the piss against Man U. Wonderfully balanced midfield duo.

His last game away to West Ham was one of the best I’ve been to, beautiful FK too.

Fuuuuuckkinngg hell :lol:

Superb player and one of my favourites to play for us. I got my first season ticket the year he signed and having heard rumblings about his influence in the extraordinary Lille season the previous year I was excited by him. Became apparent very quickly that he was going to take us to another level than the likes of Nolan and those he was replacing could have. He had near perfect technique, incredible vision and was also up for the physical battle and thrived in the challenge. Some highlights for me were his first goal in the league against Wigan, having started the season so well for us we were just waiting for him to get his first goal, think it was around 85 minutes in, 0-0, Gallowgate End, lovely clean strike from outside the box curling away from the keeper into the top left. Another was the exquisite pass to Cisse against Stoke at home the same season, I'm not sure a single other person in the whole ground could see that pass, and no other player on the field could have executed it either. Supreme.

He was a touch of class, like. Lovely footballer. Deserved better than us. Made a mistake going to PSG but what was he going to do.

Him, Ba, Cisse and HBA, man. Pardew's a cunt. :lol:

Prime Colo, Prime Krul, and Tiote being a beast, the fact we never pushed on is criminal, that team was another CB, RB and Winger away from being class.

Definitely our best midfielder of the ashley era. The midfield of Cabaye and Tiote was an unbelievable combination in hindsight, could have really been something special. Seemed to have lost something from PSG though, never looked anywhere near his best for Palace.

He was a touch of class, like. Lovely footballer. Deserved better than us. Made a mistake going to PSG but what was he going to do.

Prime Colo, Prime Krul, and Tiote being a beast, the fact we never pushed on is criminal, that team was another CB, RB and Winger away from being class.

Debuchy was quality

Debuchy was quality

Pretty sure he was referring to prior to his signing.

Debuchy was quality

Yeah he was class, I may have my timings wrong, but we got him a year after the 5th season didnt we? After the Europa campaign and we finished 16th?

Don't think I'll ever forget that game against Reading where Pards took him off and we lost :lol:

Remember it well. It was my 35th Birthday and the day before my son was born.  We were winning 1-0 (Cabaye) and then Reading equalised with about 20 mins left. Pardews response was to take Cabaye off and replace him with Bigirimana. Reading went and scored again almost immediately after the substitution and we lost 2-1. Don't think I've ever been so annoyed at the match. Had a fight with the bloke in front of me cos he was defending Pardew and I ended up getting kicked out by the stewards and had my season ticket confiscated.