Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Let’s hope Rafa isn’t too afraid to drop him, Ritchie kicks off like he’s Zidane when he’s substituted, who knows how much of the dressing room he’ll trash when he finds out he’s dropped.

When players go off the boil they narve get slaughtered mind.

I think Ritchie is playing like someone worried they are past their sell by date.

He needs to realise his limitations and concentrate on helping get the best out of Almiron while at LWB. It will show him in better light, while benefiting the team.

Think some of these comments are really harsh like, he's generally been our most dedicated and hard working players, ever since he joined the club. He's having a bad patch of form, but for the two seasons previous, he's been pretty vital to getting promotion and finishing 10th last season.

Fucking joke he's getting such hatred. He's a right mid being asked to play left wingback and he's not very good at it, as soon as he switched to right mid second half and was back with yedlin where he feels comfortable, he could have had an assist before being subbed off, he put in a great cross that Dummett got in the way of both Ayoze and Rondon who were waiting to pounce.

I personally don't rate the wingback system, I prefer four at the back, and the last two fixtures when Rafas switched it when it's not working we have looked better in the second halfs when behind.

I can't blame Ritchie too much, and I'm sure prior to the pen miss hed scored our last 7 pens.

I also believe our new lad doesn't look great played on the left. He's a number 10.

I personally don't rate the wingback system, I prefer four at the back, and the last two fixtures when Rafas switched it when it's not working we have looked better in the second halfs when behind.

It's a different game when we're behind though, where quite a lot of teams are happy to sit back and give us the initiative unlike at 0-0.

Can’t quite process the callous comments on here 😑

This. The lad works his bollocks off for the team regularly.

The truth is that his limitations as a player are why he signed for us when he did. If he was better he’d be elsewhere.

It wasn’t a great penalty but not something to hurl abuse over.

What I am pissed off at is his lack of understanding with Almiron. Just pass the fucking ball to him. It should be easy.

It’s not vindictive, he’s just not on the same wavelength.

I think he's all right. He's not good enough defensively to be a reliable wing back, but neither is Kenedy.

The LWB problem is denying us a proper look at Almiron, so I understand and share the frustration.

As others have mentioned, I don't think him and Almirón work well together or understand each other.

It's not out of malice that he doesn't pass when Almirón makes his run, it look more like he'd rather just look for the easy pass and option.

Him berating team mates for mistakes he makes himself is annoying though. Definitely need to get an upgrade on him.

As others have mentioned, I don't think him and Almirón work well together or understand each other.

It's not out of malice that he doesn't pass when Almirón makes his run, it look more like he'd rather just look for the easy pass and option.

Him berating team mates for mistakes he makes himself is annoying though. Definitely need to get an upgrade on him.

Rafa wanted a replacement for him as soon as we got promotion. He’s just not good enough to play every game in this division.

Fucking joke he's getting such hatred. He's a right mid being asked to play left wingback and he's not very good at it, as soon as he switched to right mid second half and was back with yedlin where he feels comfortable, he could have had an assist before being subbed off, he put in a great cross that Dummett got in the way of both Ayoze and Rondon who were waiting to pounce.

I can't blame Ritchie too much, and I'm sure prior to the pen miss hed scored our last 7 pens.

I also believe our new lad doesn't look great played on the left. He's a number 10.

Wouldn't be as fussed if Ritchie himself hadn't come out and said it's now his "preferred position" to play left wing back.

Think some of these comments are really harsh like, he's generally been our most dedicated and hard working players, ever since he joined the club. He's having a bad patch of form, but for the two seasons previous, he's been pretty vital to getting promotion and finishing 10th last season.

It's more about the way he goes on at others for mistakes etc, when he is often shite himself, needs to calm his tits.