U23s & Academy

Skirge

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just thinking about our most notable Academy graduates... they've all been injury prone.

Andy Carroll

Paul Dummett

Steven Taylor

Shola Ameobi (played through crippling hip injury)

Just thinking about our most notable Academy graduates... they've all been injury prone.

Andy Carroll

Paul Dummett

Steven Taylor

Would it be fair to say James Tavernier is our most successful active Academy product? How is his injury record since leaving the club?

Andy Carroll

Paul Dummett

Steven Taylor

Would it be fair to say James Tavernier is our most successful active Academy product? How is his injury record since leaving the club?

I'd give Leeds credit for his development.

Andy Carroll

Paul Dummett

Steven Taylor

Even Vuckic and Aarons were near permanently crocked when they came into the first team squad

Clubs do it already don’t they? Sure I remember reading Southampton do, or did.

Probably. I mean Manchester United managed to take Shola Shoretire from under our noses.

They took him directly from the academy, by giving his dad a 'job' so they'd move to Manchester. And it was Man City.

Signed the kid of that kitman that got axed by the mackems.

Thought it was him. He was slagging SAFC off something rotton the other week for it so they probably wanted rid anyway.

Aye, I remember reading he'd called them cowards which probably isn't wise.

Andy Carroll

Paul Dummett

Steven Taylor

Paul Gascoigne?

I know clubs take certain players from different regions (Carrick to West Ham for instance) and clubs might have scouts dotted about at grassroots level, but to be affiliated with clubs outside the area seems a bit off to me.

It’s really pissed me off tbh and I haven’t been this annoyed since Rafa left. It’s like they’re not content with having scouts everywhere else, and having every other advantage they want to take our only real chance of producing our own talent. But then our club and our academy has been a shambles for so long I can’t really blame them. If the takeover happens I hope they address this and even start setting up satellite clubs near Chelsea to see how they like it.

Signed the kid of that kitman that got axed by the mackems.

Thought it was him. He was slagging SAFC off something rotton the other week for it so they probably wanted rid anyway.

Aye, I remember reading he'd called them cowards which probably isn't wise.

I mean, he got a move up two divisions straight away out of it so not worked out bad for him.