Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't know what to fully make of this statement. So confusing. So dividing.

Keith Bishop played a blinder with this one, a day before the protests.

Rafa rinsed them during the window, one letter doesn't change that. The windows shut so he can't change anything now and he's focusing on the season.

I actually think the letter smacks of desperation and almost patronises the fans, as though they think we're too dumb to see through their pathetic attempts of using the team and Rafa to stop any protests.

Rafa rinsed them during the window, one letter doesn't change that. The windows shut so he can't change anything now and he's focusing on the season.

I actually think the letter smacks of desperation and almost patronises the fans, as though they think we're too dumb to see through their pathetic attempts of using the team and Rafa to stop any protests.

that letter is pitiful, it's the equivalent of sitting covered in blood with a dead body on your right hand side but pointing the coppers to the dirty curtains on your left

wankers

Not sure if this is sarcasm? It's the same old bollocks. Reads like notes from a fan forum.

Just thinking - Wouldn't surprise me one single bit if this statement was a condition of the bonus scheme being agreed upon by the club.

I can see Rafa and Lascelles agreeing that for the good of the players - Though they probably didn't expect the statement would be used to firefight Ashley's use of the transfer funds we didn't spend to buy House of fucking Fraser. :lol:

That was exactly my thought when I saw it. Fits Ashleys MO perfectly- he'll think he's being dead clever and all. Imagine holding professional footballers over a barrel to get the captain to put his name to this shambles. We must be a fucking laughing stock in the world of professional football.

As for the bit about the scouting team, I've no doubt it is sincere and they've worked wonders for the owner. Can't be easy working night and day finding a way to stall and prevent so many perfectly feasible prospective transfer deals.

Thing is with the majority of fans now they have heard it all before an know it’s all just a PR exercise and they ignore it. There will still be some who are taken in by it but that percentage of fans now is very low.

On a separate note talking to someone yesterday who knows Dabizas and he was saying if a player throws a shirt into the crowd they get invoiced it off the club. Not sure if that was common knowledge but it just shows what a tight bastard he is.

Thing is with the majority of fans now they have heard it all before an know it’s all just a PR exercise and they ignore it. There will still be some who are taken in by it but that percentage of fans now is very low.

On a separate note talking to someone yesterday who knows Dabizas and he was saying if a player throws a shirt into the crowd they get invoiced it off the club. Not sure if that was common knowledge but it just shows what a tight bastard he is.

True, we are aware of previous where club statements have been issued without the signatory's agreement nor knowledge. My concern is that this will influence some people, especially with the media reports. We are on the verge (ha!) of starting prolonged protests, and could do with all the support we can get.

The statement is proof that Ashley is definitely rattled though.

Not surprised on the Dabizas talk. Ashley runs the club using the same business principles he does with SD.

Just thinking - Wouldn't surprise me one single bit if this statement was a condition of the bonus scheme being agreed upon by the club.

I can see Rafa and Lascelles agreeing that for the good of the players - Though they probably didn't expect the statement would be used to firefight Ashley's use of the transfer funds we didn't spend to buy House of fucking Fraser. :lol:

Pretty much what I thought, although I can't see there being a direct relationship between our transfer funds and the house of fraser. He can't use the club like a cash machine.

Why not? His loan account is in credit, if NUFC receive a large payment of tv money and it's sat in the club's bank account there's nothing to stop him taking it.

Not saying he has done like, just that he can if he wants.

(Unless you were being incredibly literal in which case I'd agree that he can't put his bank card into the club, press some beepy buttons and then use it to top up his phone etc.)

I feel like this should surprise me. But it just doesn't.

Wasn't sure where to put this... some propaganda from Bishop, but apparently a 'joint statement' signed off By Charnley, Benitez and Lascelles.

https://www.nufc.co.uk/news/latest-news/a-message-to-fans

Now, it’s about all of us pulling in the same direction, for the good of the club. This came through strongly in a recent positive call between our owner and senior members of the squad, who agreed that better dialogue going forward will benefit all parties and is in the best interests of the club. 

Get to fuck.

:lol: Fuck off

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair given their wages, I’d charge them for throwing away/exchanging tops etc. My staff get work wear and if they lose any of it or don’t look after it outside of general wear and tear, any replacement they pay for themselves.

If that discourages players from throwing tops into the crowd, that shows they are disingenuous in the first place.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

Shola kissing Ashleys fat arse on sky

Shola just showed that he either doesn't get it at all, or he's hoping to get a job. Either way I'm so disappointed in him.

Him and his hats can fuck off

The TV screen at SJP has just flashed up saying Flannels is opening up in Newcastle in 2019, so that’s what it’s going to be.

That's what what's going to be?

Loks that way, means Cruise will close down as they are the same store with the. Raise name being retained for Newcastle.

Of course Rafa isn't happy and of course nothing good long term will happen with Ashley in charge and absolutely action needs to be taken to try and dislodge him, and I think boycotts etc are probably justified.

Thing is though Rafa fucking loves managing. if he left he'd probably have to wait for a few months to get another premier league job, then he'd have to get to know the players etc etc and who knows what, no time for any preparation. He clearly wants to at least enjoy another season before leaving head held high. No him staying isn't going to bring on the apocalypse that may force Ashley out or at least get more fans properly on side. But we have one more season of this and I can't hate him for that. He loves the crowds, loves the city, loves the club, probably reasonably doesn't want his last season tarnished by continual crowd discontent. I will support the team while he is in charge at least from afar, dunno if I'll go to any games or not, prefer not to give Ashley any more money. Yes he is prolonging it, yes it's a difficult situation, but lets not start calling Rafa out for not quitting, he loves the job, the players love him, let him have his swansong.

I think there's a lot to this. The window's closed, Rafa sighed mightily and said "Here we are, let's do this."

I can relate to the idea of "last year". I said after spanking Chelsea that this season would be a farewell tour of Rafa's good times, so I've set myself to enjoy it as much as I can. This season is probably the last time it will be good to be a Toon fan for years, a decade even.

I know this will piss people off, but I even buying two tops to commemorate Rafa's swansong, my first since a Robert long sleeve. Putting a loan signing on one, because this season is such a one-off...