Other clubs’ stadiums

Disco

I'm guessing some of the seats are removable or retractable. For concerts etc. The Wikipedia page says they host motocross events too, so that's worth spending an extra couple of hundred million dollars.

The stadium it replaced apparently had issues with the roof, but it hardly warranted spending £1.6billion on a flashy new gaff. In America it seems their stadiums have a lifespan of no more than a few decades, and with teams being franchises of a league they're holding cities to ransom. Build us a new stadium or we're offski.

whats the reason for the lower tier of those stands to be different in size and positioning? Looks like a f***ing Lego

They slide in and out for different sports and concerts. That is what West Ham’s Olympic stadium was supposed to be like, instead they got scaffolding and temporary seating.

The only way to make these massive football stadiums financially viable, especially when taxpayer funded (a disgrace), is to make them adaptable enough to be in the rotation for other major events. This is why many of them have a roof (retractable optional) regardless of climate, lower bowl seating that may look awkward, and non-standard shapes. Then it can support football as the main event, plus basketball (NCAA tournament), soccer (maybe MLS, friendlies, potential WC), major concerts with different configurations, etc.

whats the reason for the lower tier of those stands to be different in size and positioning? Looks like a f***ing Lego

They slide in and out for different sports and concerts. That is what West Ham’s Olympic stadium was supposed to be like, instead they got scaffolding and temporary seating.

The only way to make these massive football stadiums financially viable, especially when taxpayer funded (a disgrace), is to make them adaptable enough to be in the rotation for other major events. This is why many of them have a roof (retractable optional) regardless of climate, lower bowl seating that may look awkward, and non-standard shapes. Then it can support football as the main event, plus basketball (NCAA tournament), soccer (maybe MLS, friendlies, potential WC), major concerts with different configurations, etc.

The American football season is so short to justify spending hundreds of millions on new stadiums every few decades. As you say you need other events for the remaining 9 months of the year to make them viable.

The Lucas Oil stadium is my favourite, such a good looking stadium.

I'm sure not one person will agree but I think they all look shite! I'd hate it if we moved into something similar.

When I first seen the Vikings stadium I thought it was pretty cool, from an engineering stand point. I suppose they all are tbh.

My favourite American stadium would probably the Buccs old one, which was by all accounts damn near a death trap it used to get so hot inside. It was a bigger version of the stade velodrome which is maybe why I liked it. Old school and simple though. In fact fuck that, best stadium in America is Fenway, down with all this new shite.

Yeah, they did a great job with Lucas Oil and for a number of reasons it has become a top city for events. Indy is where the NCAA is headquartered and for a football stadium it's about as good as it gets for basketball sightlines so it's on a five year rotation for the Final Four, it's hosted the Super Bowl, it hosts the NFL Combine, the Big Ten Championship, and it's getting the College Football Championship in a few years.

You can almost justify a taxpayer funded stadium if it's bringing in that many events, but it's still a joke.

• 4 weeks later...

That's never gonna be ready is it???

Dunno. Most recent news is that we are still confident it will be ready for the season.

I am desperate for a lottery win so I can (a) go see us at Wembley this year and (b) go see the site.

I used to really like going to WHL, sad that it and Upton Park are both gone.

I'm going to the London Stadium for the first time saturday, interested to see what the experience will be like.

have they moved it closer to the station?

its a fecking long walk

I used to really like going to WHL, sad that it and Upton Park are both gone.

I'm going to the London Stadium for the first time saturday, interested to see what the experience will be like.

have they moved it closer to the station?

its a fecking long walk

Do you mean White Hart Lane or the London Stadium?

If you mean WHL, then I presume you're talking about the walk from Seven Sisters. You should have a few more options. They're supposed to be significantly upgrading White Hart Lane and Northumberland Park stations, and instituting shuttle buses from Tottenham Hale (a new bus garage) and Alexandra Palace via Wood Green. Ally Pally is on a suburban line that starts at Kings Cross, so it should be easier to come from the northeast. You'd get to Kings Cross, then walk to a different platform, then get off at Alexandra Palace and take the bus.

Damn, I miss going to WHL :lol:.