Other clubs’ stadiums

Disco

How did Man City manage to convert their ground? You'd never think that was an athletics stadium

They dug down. The bottom tier & pitch are below ground level. Then because to go down you have to go inwards too, the bottom tier was formed and closes up to the side of the pitch.

It was always designed to be converted though and that was the plan all along.  The Olympic stadium was never designed to be a football stadium (as it obvious :lol: )

It's ludicrously unsuitable to be a football stadium like.

It always was, and I reckon so on purpose, once they were told it was going to be athletics for life. The gradient of the stands was shite for the Olympics nevermind changing into field sports.

It's ludicrously unsuitable to be a football stadium like.

It really is. I'm a bit aghast, like. It doesn't even look safe.

It'll be safe. Well, the bits on blocks are obviously questionable and I'm sure the HSE would have something to say about it, but the loading calcs will have been done. It's just fucking disgraceful for the money spent that they've ended up with that.

Guest neesy111

Retractable seating only works if you incorporate it in the original stadium.  Stade de France is a good example of how it works.

How they've spent almost 600m on that stadium is beyond me.

they will be concrete blocks not breeze blocks ...Dave?

nee excuse like- the whole things a fkin mess.

For most if not all of this season it will be on breeze blocks/scaffolding, it will then be converted to be on flat forms that have wheels on it and I think but I'm not sure but the platforms will also rise and descend. It's shambles that they have had years of it being empty and don't do that work until after West Ham move in.

Those views are bad, at a football match you expect to be close to the pitch.

They arent man give over :lol:

http://www.footballgroundguide.com/images/image/product/property/st-james-park-newcastle-united-fc-1424524728.jpg