Other clubs’ stadiums

Disco

Have you rough figures on what Liverpool are spending on expanding Anfield? I know they had to buy up loads of properties to clear space, it'd be interesting to see how it compares to the cost of the original proposed new stadium.

Liverpool are redeveloping the stadium as part of a £260m scheme for the whole Anfield area. The second phase of the expansion involves the Anfield Road end expanding by a further 4,800 seats to take the ground capacity to just below 60,000 ready for the 2016-17 season.

Really wish we'd do a redevelopment and expansion man.

No point when we can hardly fill 52k right now

Yep, why speculate to accumulate when you can just cut every cost there is?

It's not, it'd be wasting money. Money which right now needs to go towards the team, which in turn will mean full crowds and then the need to expand. No point in being like the mackems with a stadium you can only 70% fill

Really wish we'd do a redevelopment and expansion man.

Our crowds are on the decline. Presently we have 52,000 seats to fill and approximately 25,000 season ticket holders. I'd be amazed if we get more than 2 or 3 50k crowds next season. Couldn't even get 50,000 in against Man Utd last season due to their ridiculous ticketing policy. Probably only the mackems and Villa will have a lower occupancy % than us in 15/16.

Stadium would easily fill with some ambition and some good football

In the best days of the Sir Bobby era there were plenty of empty seats for all but the marquee matches. Realistically, unless we were to do a Man City and basically give tickets away, I can't see that we'd regularly fill a larger stadium even if we were competing with the top four.

In the best days of the Sir Bobby era there were plenty of empty seats for all but the marquee matches. Realistically, unless we were to do a Man City and basically give tickets away, I can't see that we'd regularly fill a larger stadium even if we were competing with the top four.

Good username, mate, I'll assume that's a Tarantino reference. :thup:

Disagree though, we could pack the place if any of the owner, staff or players gave a shit. When we were competing back in the day it was heaving and hard to get tickets. A brilliant time when KK was first here as manager and we could have gone on from that; I wouldn't be surprised if we could get 100,000 in when you add gloryhunters. :lol: I'm in hundreds of billions territory here.

I have literally no idea why Fat Mike hasn't noticed this. He could make a lot of money, which is his thing. What a tool.

One thing I'd like to see at SJP, and a possible way forward for us is safe standing. I'd have the Gallowgate fitted with rail seats, up the capacity for premier league games (big assumption here that they get allowed eventually). Maybe bring in a few extra quid but improve the atmosphere immensely.

One thing I'd like to see at SJP, and a possible way forward for us is safe standing. I'd have the Gallowgate fitted with rail seats, up the capacity for premier league games (big assumption here that they get allowed eventually). Maybe bring in a few extra quid but improve the atmosphere immensely.

:thup: Don't care about more money for Fatty, but standing is more fun. Pisses me off with all the standing/kneeling/sitting stuff. I'd go to fucking church if I was that much of a robot. :lol: People, man.

Good username, mate, I'll assume that's a Tarantino reference. :thup:

Disagree though, we could pack the place if any of the owner, staff or players gave a s***. When we were competing back in the day it was heaving and hard to get tickets. A brilliant time when KK was first here as manager and we could have gone on from that; I wouldn't be surprised if we could get 100,000 in when you add gloryhunters. :lol: I'm in hundreds of billions territory here.

I have literally no idea why Fat Mike hasn't noticed this. He could make a lot of money, which is his thing. What a tool.

Thanks mate, Geordie Ridley actually.

It was nigh on impossible to get tickets in the Keegan era (although someone I used to sit next to claimed he'd managed to get to every home match in 95-96 despite not having a season ticket), but when we expanded to 52,000 there were tickets unsold for most matches, even when we were a top 3 side.

Isn't the safe standing thing basically useless as far as extending the capacity seeing as you have one seat per standing space?

Yes and no. We're it's already in use I think it increases your capacity by something like 1.7 standing to 1 seat. Celtic are gonna trial it in the uk and initially at least it'll be 1:1.

Guest chicken little

well why not? perhaps not give them away, but if you made enough tickets available at a cheap enough price then christ knows what kind of crowds we could get. beats empty seats.

Isn't the safe standing thing basically useless as far as extending the capacity seeing as you have one seat per standing space?

The 'yellow wall' in Dortmund is 24k standing, ~13k seated