Other clubs’ stadiums

Disco

I'm sure smarter people than me have done the sums. But if you look at the current stadia to do this, schalke's stadium has less than 17,000 seats and no car park behind the goal. The one in Arizona has next to f*** built over that end of the stadium. Spurs are gonna put 17,000 seats and an office block over the hole. 

Engineers perhaps?

I'm sure smarter people than me have done the sums. But if you look at the current stadia to do this, schalke's stadium has less than 17,000 seats and no car park behind the goal. The one in Arizona has next to f*** built over that end of the stadium. Spurs are gonna put 17,000 seats and an office block over the hole. 

Engineers perhaps?

Like me, aye.

I remember when we used to have the third biggest stadium in the country. Quite depressing having all of these clubs overtaking us attendance-wise while our owner is currently trying to flog the land behind SJP to kill any future redevelopments too :(

I remember when we used to have the third biggest stadium in the country. Quite depressing having all of these clubs overtaking us attendance-wise while our owner is currently trying to flog the land behind SJP to kill any future redevelopments too :(

Aye.. in a few years we'll be 8th :lol:  4th in a month

Just like our aims on the pitch  :celb:

Who are taking 3rd of us? City is it?

Who are taking 3rd of us? City is it?

Aye, their new stand extension will be complete come the start of the season

http://i.imgur.com/q1muS28.png

They've added 3 rows to the front of each stand too (you can see the work beginning on the bottom of the pic) for another couple of thousand

Then in 16/17, West Ham move in to the olympic stadium, and the Anfield expansion will be finished. Chelsea and Spurs a couple seasons after that

It'll be interesting to see if they can fill it mind.

The new top tier has already sold out with season tickets, they have plans to do the other end. Not immediately because a crane is out of use for a year or something (I dont remember exactly)

Fair play then. I might have imagined the empty seats at their place for league games.

Probably not. Tickets sold doesnt = attendance :D Like how Newcastle claim we had like.. 45k in that one game last season when there blatantly wasnt anything like that

Aye but that's an organised ashleyout boycott.

Can City fans afford to buy a season ticket then just not bother turning up half the time?

Apparently so.  I think the tickets up there in the new tier were £255 for the season.  Think they generally have some of the cheapest season tickets in the league

edit: The cheapest (from last season), in fact

Other places that have retractable pitches like Schalke and the one in Arizona have / need a massive open area outside, the size of football pitch. :lol: Maybe spurs are gonna roll theirs up like a big green bog roll?

Edit: ahh I see, so they're gonna build a huge hole in the ground under what will become a huge office or something? Why don't they just lay astroturf down as and when needed? Or you know, play NFL on grass?

Sapporro I think it was in Japan where England beat Argentina had a pitch on wheels that was wheeled in for the match and back outside afterwards onto a big open area.

Saporro was kind of like Arizona. The idea of a pitch that moves, be it on rails or custard, is that it will have to move underneath another structure - the stadium. At saporro the whole stadium was relatively small, maybe 30,000 seats. So the end that the pitch moved under was probably 6,000. And if you look at aerial shots there's no car park or other shit at that end of the ground.

At Spurs one end of the stadium is supported either end of a ~65m hole in the ground, with 17,000 seats above at one end side and a 20 storey office at the other. It's a massive project.

On the new WHL issue, I've done some digging on the Schalke way of doing it, found this video:

They're stood in the gap where the pitch slides out, and at 4:17 you see the beams come down and plant to the floor.  There's many of them, and they stabilize and strengthen the stand when the crowd are in the stand. Obviously they don't need to be down when the stand is empty, which enables the pitch to slide out/in.  I assume Spurs will be using the same type of system, just.. underground

• 2 weeks later...

Love how they didnt build a stand closest to the river so you could just admire the view from inside the stadium. Must get a fair few balls missing on both of the last two pictures though.