Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

What is the name of the one we used to play when the players entered the pitch? I really miss that one. Not sure how to explain it but it sounded like something out of a LOTR movie, a scene where something evil is about to happen :lol: Like an orchestre (spelling?)

I used to absolutely love that one, it sounded so majestic and powerful. Something that would make Colback piss his pants while running out.

What is the name of the one we used to play when the players entered the pitch? I really miss that one. Not sure how to explain it but it sounded like something out of a LOTR movie, a scene where something evil is about to happen :lol: Like an orchestre (spelling?)

I used to absolutely love that one, it sounded so majestic and powerful. Something that would make Colback p*ss his pants while running out.

Carmina Burana?

Would prefer The Ecstasy of Gold, as Rafa triumphantly emerges from the tunnel, tbh.

YES! That one. It's absolutely amazing, a proper fortress kind of tune. Just listened to it again and it makes me shiver and gets me charged up at least :lol:

Only problem with this one would be seeing Mitrovic running around and eating players before the starting whistle and get sent off.

I know what one you mean. Used to love it when it was Blitzkreig Bop, that Jarrow one, Blaydon Races, that, then Local Hero.

:smitten: I made a CD of the songs in that order so that I could listen to it while I got ready for the match. :lol:

I know what one you mean. Used to love it when it was Blitzkreig Bop, that Jarrow one, Blaydon Races, that, then Local Hero.

:smitten: I made a CD of the songs in that order so that I could listen to it while I got ready for the match. :lol:

Did you used to pretend you were walking out at St James' Park too, clapping the fans etc? :D

Did you used to pretend you were walking out at St James' Park too, clapping the fans etc? :D

No, but I was once listening to Local Hero on the way home from work and I jogged through an underpass just as the good bit was kicking in, as if I was coming out of the tunnel. :blush:

Off topic a little but Rocking all over the World always makes me smile whenever I hear it now.

The memories of that blaring through the sound system whilst hugging every human around me in SJP after Cisse had just buried Marveauxs cross will live long in the memory.

The Escasty Of Gold should be the team entrance music for sure.

Should always be Local Hero to be fair.

That's a movie. Take it you mean Going Home? Always found it a bit trite. Time for a new start.

I used to absolutely love that one, it sounded so majestic and powerful. Something that would make Colback p*ss his pants while running out.

Wasn't it from the Carmina Burana?

That's a movie. Take it you mean Going Home? Always found it a bit trite. Time for a new start.

I am aware of that fact, but everyone calls it Going Home like don't they. Nah we got rid of it under Allardyce and it was shit. Part of tradition, keep it.

I am aware of that fact, but everyone calls it Going Home like don't they. Nah we got rid of it under Allardyce and it was s***. Part of tradition, keep it.

It's only a latter day tradition and like you say it's been changed before. If we are however going to keep lets at least call it by its name :lol:

The irony is its farewell music! :lol:

Ecstasy Of Gold for me. Fresh start. :thup:

Going Home has to be played as the last thing before silence and kick off, it's absolutely class. Obviously it doesn't have the same associations now because we've been terrible for so long, but it'll come back. Essential part of the match experience IMO.

Always loved the New Radicals mix that Radio Newcastle (I think) did when we got to the cup final.

Absolutely hate that song :lol: I'm feeling I right old grump today :lol:

Guest chopey

I'm a total music moron but I've just heard Escasty Of Gold and I think that would be an amazing choice for the music