General NUFC stuff

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Had a great idea.

Remember the Ben Arfa 'Hope' banner?  Well, we could get a new version of that made but instead of Ben Arfa's portrait it would be Steve Bruce's fat head.  And instead of 'Hope' being the key message, the banner would simply highlight that 'it is what it is.'

Journalists would lap up the support for our great leader and his ambitious outlook.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Howaythetoon

Aw Loved Ba. He loved his syrup. Also miss Cisse. He was such a ruthless finisher. You just felt you had a chance with him in the side.

Loved when Ba went on the wing to accommodate Papiss. He was such a classy guy.

He was forced there and played that role reluctantly due to the sheer incompetence of Pardew, he could have easily just played them all as a front three and not shoved Ba wide ala Shola under various managers including Pardew who played him wide too. The fact he still produced the goods, however, says even more about him. Him ‘letting’ Cisse have his role wasn’t some kind of classy guy act, it was Pardew being shit at his job who unable to get them all working together as a three, thought he could just stick Ba wide instead and still think they’d all do great together. The end result was their own individual abilities bailed him/the team out but did nothing to make the team itself any better and in the end of course, didn’t help the players themselves individually.

Pardew didn’t have the brains nor guts to stick with a 3 of Ba, Cisse and HBA and had even less guts to drop one of them, because he had no plan and no conviction in whatever it was he wanted to do. HBA eventually ended up the fall guy because he didn’t track back. NOT THERE HATIM, GET BACK HATIM, GET RID HATIM, PLAY IT SAFE HATIM. OH FFS HATIM.

I’m sending you to Hull, Brucie boy will know what to do with you...

Man that three together had so much potential and could have given us similar to what we had with Shearer, Bellamy and Robert. That team was wasted on Pardew, imagine Rafa in charge of that team. Makes me fucking sick!

Eh? What a weird post. That 433 was brilliant and moving back to 442 and putting Jonas out wide again fucked us. Ba got loads of chances still in that position, he just didn't take them at the time.

I don't even get what you mean, wouldn't play them as 3. We literally played 433, not 451.

Guest Howaythetoon

Eh? What a weird post. That 433 was brilliant and moving back to 442 and putting Jonas out wide again fucked us. Ba got loads of chances still in that position, he just didn't take them at the time.

I don't even get what you mean, wouldn't play them as 3. We literally played 433, not 451.

Are you replying to me here? Confused...

Have fun88 signed a new deal since they began? As this would be their last year on the original deal.

If they have then it hasn’t been public ally disclosed. The shirt manufacturer is also up this season. There is no rumours about who is taking over either. Charnley probably hasn’t even had time to tender them out.

Our shitshow operation probably "forgot" all about them. Conveniently needing us to replace them with an Ashley sportswear brand and Sports Direct sponsorship on the cheap at short notice.

Wouldn't be surprised if we play in black bin bags, if our training facilities are anything to go by.

Our shitshow operation probably "forgot" all about them. Conveniently needing us to replace them with an Ashley sportswear brand and Sports Direct sponsorship on the cheap at short notice.

Wouldn't be surprised if we play in black bin bags, if our training facilities are anything to go by.

We'll just be the "Skins" all season.

Brilliant depressing read

https://theathletic.co.uk/1619457/2020/02/20/salomon-rondon-newcastle-interview/

The logic or otherwise of that policy stirs anguished debate — Joelinton, Rondon’s permanent replacement, is 23, cost £40 million, and has contributed one Premier League goal — although Rondon cannot do very much about that. He lifts his shoulders. “It’s about decisions and it wasn’t my decision,” he says. “If Newcastle had offered me a deal, if they’d said ‘Do you want to stay here?’, then of course I would have stayed.”

He sounds wistful now. “To be honest, last season was the best I’ve ever had,” he says. “Not just because I scored goals, but because everything around me was so right, from the school of my children, to the city, the people, my family being happy. I was working really hard in every training session to be in the team and I did everything properly for that. I was playing. Everything was perfect.”