Jonjo Shelvey (now playing for Çaykur Rizespor, on loan from Nottingham Forest)

Guest ManDoon

Guest ManDoon

Ritchie didn't cover himself in glory, but Shelvey has literally barely been on the pitch and watched his man walk straight past him, not even bothering himself to look like he's tracking him. Inexcusable and pathetic.

Both Ritchie and Shelvey have the same problem, for all they are great going forward, they aren't up to much going the other way.

Really? I feel like Yedlin has looked more exposed now that Ritchie's popping up on the left precisely because he put in a shift defensively.

Complete opposite to Hayden in terms of energy and tracking.  Thought Hayden was actually very good today, gives an energy (and speed in running) from CM that we don't get from anyone else. Then Shelvey comes on and strolls around like he doesn't have to do owt

Both Ritchie and Shelvey have the same problem, for all they are great going forward, they aren't up to much going the other way.

Really? I feel like Yedlin has looked more exposed now that Ritchie's popping up on the left precisely because he put in a shift defensively.

Don't think there's anything wrong with Ritchie's work rate ( unlike Shelvey) but his lack of pace means he often gets caught on the wrong side when the other team win possession.

Jogging back while their player sprinted into the box to score fucking boiled my piss.

Is he thick? Yeah he’s not the brightest.. but what happened is down to attitude. You either play for the shirt or you play for yourself.

He’s always been in the latter category. Always.

It’s not the first time this season that a player coming on has just jogged around losing his man. Kenedy did it too.

We need less of characters like that.

I don’t think either are in Rafa’s immediate first team plans anyway.

We should have Diame, Hayden and Shelvey in the middle. Play Ritchie and Yedlin as wing backs and play Rondon and Joselu for something different.

Schär, Fernandez and Clark at the back.

No keeper ?  :lol:

We should have Diame, Hayden and Shelvey in the middle. Play Ritchie and Yedlin as wing backs and play Rondon and Joselu for something different.

I don't think the guy who's won 12 major trophies as a manager has thought of any of that mate.

I don’t think Atsu deserves to be dropped.