NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

You would think if Puma have extended a 1 year deal with us, they should be releasing images of next season's kit around this time right? Even Liverpool who are switching to Nike have released theirs.

You would think if Puma have extended a 1 year deal with us, they should be releasing images of next season's kit around this time right? Even Liverpool who are switching to Nike have released theirs.

Poor thumbhead can only do so many things. The designs are probably still sat on his desk to sign off on.

newcastle-97-away-use_18_2_1_1_4_1.jpg

Hated this one when it came out, but like it now as it's so different, and was surprised to find it is actually historically relevant

I got that in Magaluf the summer it came out, weeks before it had been released in the UK. Walked through Newcastle airport like royalty, everyone was coming up to me asking where I'd got it from.

Hated this one when it came out, but like it now as it's so different, and was surprised to find it is actually historically relevant

I got that in Magaluf the summer it came out, weeks before it had been released in the UK. Walked through Newcastle airport like royalty, everyone was coming up to me asking where I'd got it from.

Id love to see this design return.

One thing I will say it was very heavy!!

Would reverse the black and white stripes to have it look more black-ish. The blue one looks too Les-tah to me. Seen some better concept ones.

https://www.google.com/search?q=99+newcastle+away&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBGB900GB900&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjGoKLdhcfpAhUDSBUIHQoKBsQQ_AUoAnoECA0QBA&biw=1366&bih=657#imgrc=D26xd1Kd-YUUAM

I get you. But the one shown is too plain blue for me. At least the one you showed has a distinct Newcaslte logo on it.

Just a pity it didn't come out while we were decent, otherwise it might have been remembered more fondly. Unfortunately it is associated with a team that fell from 2nd to 13th and lost a cup final. Seem to recall it was only worn once too (vs Leeds?)

A decent team seems to make a kit more memorable....example the banana/custard cream kit. By every reasonable metric it's horrific to look at, but it was liked as it was associated with a good enjoyable season

One thing I will say it was very heavy!!

Any of our shirts back then with the star on made for for a particularly sweaty, isolated circular part of one's torso :lol:

The thing I liked most about that dark blue/orange/green kit was the enlarged subtly imposed crest across the main body of the shirt. It's great when kits have something like that, looks stylish and really unique to the club. Our orange one this season does a pretty good job of it tbh.

What would be your dream kit maker if we were to swap as soon as possible?

Nike or New Balance would be great. Umbro do fantastic kits too. Anything apart from Puma, Kappa, Hummel or Macron would do tbh.

adidas for me as long as we're one of their premium teams. (Yeah I know their kits for Juve are rank this year but I'm sure they'll be over this phase soon enough)

What would be your dream kit maker if we were to swap as soon as possible?

Nike or New Balance would be great. Umbro do fantastic kits too. Anything apart from Puma, Kappa, Hummel or Macron would do tbh.

Hummel, Nike or back to Adidas for me.

The thing I liked most about that dark blue/orange/green kit was the enlarged subtly imposed crest across the main body of the shirt. It's great when kits have something like that, looks stylish and really unique to the club. Our orange one this season does a pretty good job of it tbh.

Certainly before its time. If it came out now (as adidas and not puma) pretty sure it would be liked...not maroon and blue hooped liked, but still popular. Fix the colour and its a winner.

Although....change the orange and green for black and white, lighten up the purple/blue and there's a masterpiece