Henri Saivet (now a free agent)

lovejoy

It wouldn't surprise me if he's out of the squad again for the next game. Rafa's not one for changing his mind on a player.

Surely Atsu is proof against that? Rafa played Gouffran over him for most of our Championship season and he now starts every game.

It wouldn't surprise me if he's out of the squad again for the next game. Rafa's not one for changing his mind on a player.

Surely Atsu is proof against that? Rafa played Gouffran over him for most of our Championship season and he now starts every game.

I hope so, just seems strange that Saivet wasn't even considered, Atsu was at least involved most of last season.

Absolutely shocking that he has more goals for us than Shelvey this season.

He played well and deserves another shot, IMO.

And Ritchie  :(

Ritchie's not got hold of his shots at all this season. Been really wasteful in good positions.

Fair play to the fella like, he could have fucked up the free kick and dropped his head even further too after that mistake, but picked himself and the team up by making his opportunity count. Hayden, Shelvey and Merino might need to look over their shoulders a bit, which can only be a good thing. Particularly Shelvey from what I can gather...

Competition for places is never a bad thing. Him coming in from the deep freeze will have naturally got the attention of Hayden, Shelvey and Merino. From most accounts he went about his business rather well all things considered, those three will need to try and oust him now, up their game or they'll be the ones on the bench or left at home completely. Perform or you'll be replaced, it's harsh but it's helping the club.