Henri Saivet (now a free agent)

lovejoy

We are desperately in need of creativity so we sign someone without any assists :/ hmmmm

To be honest first of all we're in desperate need of a central midfield that isn't completely non existent.  If we can actually challenge the opposition in midfield we might have a chance of creating something.

I want to believe, but is he really going to land on his feet? Another gamble and we're running out of time.

I hope the thinking isn't to have one exclusive position for one and one for the other, something more even. Saivet seems decent defensively but obviously has some attacking edge to his game too.

Don't know, but Saivet/Shelvey looks far better than Colback/Anita or Colback/Tiote, thats for sure.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20160111/united-complete-saivet-signing_2281670_5266658

Newcastle United have completed the signing of Senegalese international Henri Saivet from Bordeaux.

The 25-year-old central midfielder has put pen to paper on a five-and-a-half-year deal at St. James' Park, arriving for an undisclosed fee.

Saivet came up through the ranks at Bordeaux, making his first team debut in 2007 at the age of 17.

He went on to make 178 appearances for the Ligue 1 side in all competitions, scoring 23 goals, and featured in both Europa League group games against the Magpies in the 2012/13 campaign.

"I am very happy to be here at Newcastle," said Saivet.

"I am really proud to be able to play for this Club, and I am really excited at the challenge that lies ahead.

"St. James' Park is a really impressive and special stadium. In France there is nothing that compares to this, and I can't wait to get out there with my new teammates and help the team climb the table."

Newcastle United head coach Steve McClaren said: "Henri is someone the Club have been watching for a while, and he has developed into an excellent player at Bordeaux.

"This is someone with a very good mentality, who is a tough player and a winner. Those are key qualities you need in the Premier League and we are looking forward to seeing him pulling on the Newcastle United shirt."

Just having a presence in midfield will change our dynamic I reckon, we need a player who can transition from df/at and not turn back in circles a la colback.  Also if we start getting a grip on the midfield we can push teams back and allow creative players time to play.

Saying all this he could be complete s*** tbh

Agree with you brotha