Henri Saivet (now a free agent)

lovejoy

Last time I heard of this guy was when he was the best youngster on Football Manager as a winger. He's a CM now? Anyone know anything about how he's done in midfield?

Internet connection in Brazil is even worse than Nigeria. That's nuts!

Are people saying he's another Gouffran purely because he's coming from Bordeaux? :lol:

Of course, but i understand it tbh as none of us have a f***ing clue.

I'm comparing him to Gouffran as we have no idea where he'll play and it's a very uninspiring signing which reeks of desperation and cluelessness, similar to Gouff's.

Gouffran was a striker that could fill in as a wide forward ,and we all knew that when he signed.

Of all the signings we made that January, he started the best.

Pardew then proceeded to move him further and further back because the guy never complained, until he bizarrely started playing him at central midfield.

It's one of the worst things I have ever witnessed in complete managerial cluelessness.

Ah the good old days when you used to complain that Gouff wasn't been given enough game time.

Still think he'd had been a good bet for a reserve striker, bringing him on to buzz around tired defenders and make a nuiscence of himself

http://www.solofutbol.cl/Imagenes/Albunes%20de%20futbol/Equipos/girondins/girondins%202013-2014/saivet.jpg http://medias.lequipe.fr/img-photo-jpg/saivet-henri/1500000000607120/623:219,1419:620-665-335-70/54300.jpg

http://www.girondins.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/accueil_vignettes_grandes/upload/matches/2013-2014/L1/J05_FCGB_PSG/diaporama/2013.09.13_psg_saivet.jpg

Guest Roger Kint

I'll go the other way and say that if he goes CM he'll be better than Colback and Anita. If he plays on the wing he'll be better than Gouffran. That said, if we're signing him it should not be to play on the wing since he was previously shit there in the french league.

We weren't linked with him at all before this season were we?  Think its safe to say we've scouted him since he moved into midfield.

Given that we played against him twice 2 years ago and Carr has been haunting Lique 1 stadiums for about 6 years its safe to say we know a lot about him.

I'm sure we know plenty about him, but you tend to hear names of players we're actively looking at and we never heard his name mentioned as a possible signing until this season.  Most likely we only started actively scouting him since he's switched position.  Think that was mentioned in a L'Equip article a few days ago as well (that our scouts were impressed with him as a central midfielder).

Eh? Theres generally 22 players on the field during games, of course we dont hear the specific names of everyone we scout ffs. Its not like Carr actually follows him round the field with record on his camera phone :lol:

I honestly don't even know what you're on about like, not going to bother...  Back to the discussion I care about, is he going to be better than Gouffran :lol:

You are making out like the media mentioning his name makes the slightest difference ffs. Its obvious Carr has known and seen him for years.

Its weird how we all think he plays in different positions like. Like a load of folk describing seeing a yeti and everyone describing him slightly differently.  In my mind I'm thinking he's a right winger for what its worth.

Last time I heard of this guy was when he was the best youngster on Football Manager as a winger. He's a CM now? Anyone know anything about how he's done in midfield?

Internet connection in Brazil is even worse than Nigeria. That's nuts!

:lol:

Watching Liverpool vs Bordeaux at the moment from a couple of months ago, looks to be playing defensive midfield.  Interesting to see how he does against a Premier League side.

Where are you watchin this? Might have a watch also.

Watching Liverpool vs Bordeaux at the moment from a couple of months ago, looks to be playing defensive midfield. Interesting to see how he does against a Premier League side.

:laugh:

This was back in November before they went to shit :lol:

Not too bad. Know nothing about him, like. Read couple of articles from France on him and somehow he's went from being the next Henry to comparisons to Matuidi :lol:

Prefer the Matuidi comparison as Rivière was likened to Henry and look how he's turned out.