Henri Saivet (now a free agent)

lovejoy

5ft 9 winger moved into the centre of a Ligue 1 midfield doesn't really fill me with confidence like.

Why is 5ft 9 any concern for a central midfielder?  Rob Lee is 5ft 10, Cabaye is 5ft 7.

More that combined with the fact he's a winger, it just sounds horrible, and not at all something we should be gambling on when our midfield presence is close to 0.

I've never seen him like, he might be absolutely mint :lol:

He was a winger, until this season.  I assume our scouts have actually watched him this season when he's played 22 games in midfield.  Certainly his ratings on who scored have rocketed up since he moved there, but that's hardly conclusive.  Hopefully we get him and Shelvey and can at least try to forget Colback ever existed.

I kna the craic man :lol:

This all happened in Ligue 1, I think it's ridiculous at this time. Shelvey too but whatever, I hope I'm wrong.

I'm gonna put this out there and say he won't be much better than Gouffran.

f*** off :lol:  Even our current starting central midfielders are better than Gouffran in that position and that's saying something.

But Gouffran isn't a central/holding midfielder and neither is he really? :lol:

To be honest it's anyones f***ing guess where he'll play - if he goes CM then I'll say he'll be no better than Anita. If he plays on the wing I'll say he'll do no better than Gouffran. Basically all I'm saying is I'm very f***ing underwhelmed with this signing and it's another Frenchman to keep the rest of the lazy disinterested s***s in the dressing room clique company.

I'll go the other way and say that if he goes CM he'll be better than Colback and Anita. If he plays on the wing he'll be better than Gouffran. That said, if we're signing him it should not be to play on the wing since he was previously shit there in the french league.

I'm gonna put this out there and say he won't be much better than Gouffran.

f*** off :lol:  Even our current starting central midfielders are better than Gouffran in that position and that's saying something.

But Gouffran isn't a central/holding midfielder and neither is he really? :lol:

To be honest it's anyones f***ing guess where he'll play - if he goes CM then I'll say he'll be no better than Anita. If he plays on the wing I'll say he'll do no better than Gouffran. Basically all I'm saying is I'm very f***ing underwhelmed with this signing and it's another Frenchman to keep the rest of the lazy disinterested s***s in the dressing room clique company.

Well the only start Gouffran made this season he was in defensive midfield, we lost 6 -1 as well :lol:

Anyway I'm hardly excited by the signing, but since I've never seen him play (same as you) I'll wait and see before deciding he's shit.

I'll go the other way and say that if he goes CM he'll be better than Colback and Anita. If he plays on the wing he'll be better than Gouffran. That said, if we're signing him it should not be to play on the wing since he was previously shit there in the french league.

We weren't linked with him at all before this season were we?  Think its safe to say we've scouted him since he moved into midfield.

We weren't linked with him at all before this season were we?  Think its safe to say we've scouted him since he moved into midfield.

Yeah I think some people don't seem able to grasp this. He's obviously impressed in centre midfield, the only question mark for me would be whether that will translate to the premier which is far faster and more physical. But we've all been calling for new blood in CM so I'm not going to complain about signing this guy and Shelvey.

Guest Roger Kint

Given that we played against him twice 2 years ago and Carr has been haunting Lique 1 stadiums for about 6 years its safe to say we know a lot about him.

Are people saying he's another Gouffran purely because he's coming from Bordeaux? :lol:

Of course, but i understand it tbh as none of us have a f***ing clue.

I'm comparing him to Gouffran as we have no idea where he'll play and it's a very uninspiring signing which reeks of desperation and cluelessness, similar to Gouff's.

Guest Roger Kint

Any chance to play tomorrow?

Nah, would have to have been done by 12 Today

Will he not need a work permit due to being Senegalese?

Hes played for France youth teams and lived in Bordeaux over a decade :lol:

Given that we played against him twice 2 years ago and Carr has been haunting Lique 1 stadiums for about 6 years its safe to say we know a lot about him.

I'm sure we know plenty about him, but you tend to hear names of players we're actively looking at and we never heard his name mentioned as a possible signing until this season.  Most likely we only started actively scouting him since he's switched position.  Think that was mentioned in a L'Equip article a few days ago as well (that our scouts were impressed with him as a central midfielder).

Are people saying he's another Gouffran purely because he's coming from Bordeaux? :lol:

Of course, but i understand it tbh as none of us have a f***ing clue.

I'm comparing him to Gouffran as we have no idea where he'll play and it's a very uninspiring signing which reeks of desperation and cluelessness, similar to Gouff's.

Gouffran was a striker that could fill in as a wide forward ,and we all knew that when he signed.

Of all the signings we made that January, he started the best.

Pardew then proceeded to move him further and further back because the guy never complained, until he bizarrely started playing him at central midfield.

It's one of the worst things I have ever witnessed in complete managerial cluelessness.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm sure we know plenty about him, but you tend to hear names of players we're actively looking at and we never heard his name mentioned as a possible signing until this season.  Most likely we only started actively scouting him since he's switched position.  Think that was mentioned in a L'Equip article a few days ago as well (that our scouts were impressed with him as a central midfielder).

Eh? Theres generally 22 players on the field during games, of course we dont hear the specific names of everyone we scout ffs. Its not like Carr actually follows him round the field with record on his camera phone :lol:

Eh? Theres generally 22 players on the field during games, of course we dont hear the specific names of everyone we scout ffs. Its not like Carr actually follows him round the field with record on his camera phone :lol:

I honestly don't even know what you're on about like, not going to bother...  Back to the discussion I care about, is he going to be better than Gouffran :lol: