Miguel Almirón

Deuce

I really like the player as he gives everything but am beginning to run out of excuses why he’s been absolute pony for the guts of the time he’s been here.

For the abundance of pace he has, he never seems to have any time on the ball. Constantly snatches at shots or runs into dead ends. Poor decision making.

Honest question, do you think he’ll be good enough to be a player in this team once the takeover happens?

I really like the player as he gives everything but am beginning to run out of excuses why he’s been absolute pony for the guts of the time he’s been here.

For the abundance of pace he has, he never seems to have any time on the ball. Constantly snatches at shots or runs into dead ends. Poor decision making.

Honest question, do you think he’ll be good enough to be a player in this team once the takeover happens?

1000%

1000%

I am 999% with you.

I’m not sure he’s good enough for us now. He looks like a decent player and occasionally he will do something that looks good, but he’s ineffectual with virtually no end product, very few assists and he can’t score.

Guest reefatoon

He’s a decent enough player for a mid table team. If the new owners are going to revolutionise the team like was mentioned though, he is not going to be anywhere good enough to hold a place in a top 7 team. Runs lots, plenty huff and puff, but doesn’t really do anything. Just an average player really, nothing special at all.

He needs a manager who knows how to use the squad at his disposal more effectively. Currently we're playing a second striker as a number 9 who cannot hold up the ball and generally has poor movement. Unless you're at least as good as ASM you're going to struggle in this team.

I'm not really a fan of him, when he first joined i thought he just needed time to get used to the league, reality is his decision making is poor and he misses a lot of chances, 2 goals in 40 league games is an awful return for an attacking midfielder, i hope he does get to improve but i don't see it happening under Bruce.

Still offering a fair bit to the team imo. When we're penned in from a set piece, the way he picks the ball up and drives us up the pitch is impressive.

I appreciate he's still lacking consistency in the final third though and probably isn't going to be a goalscorer you can rely on for 8-10 goals like you could with Perez.

I refuse to believe that the lad who transformed the way we played last season, forming one third of one of the most interesting and balanced attacks I've seen at Newcastle in years, is anything less than an unpolished diamond. I've not seen much this season and I understand his role has changed more recently into something that suits him better, but plenty of what I saw had him in a defensive role, spending as much time as a wing-back as an attacker. The Oxford and West Brom away games are the only ones I've seen since that Leicester destruction on New Years Day, so I'm not a reliable witness; but I've still seen plenty from last season, and moments in this, to suggest the guy's got talent.

Say what you like about Bruce doing an average to decent job results wise this season, I've absolutely zero faith in him having the managerial acumen to hone the abilities of raw talents like Miggy. What tuition has he got these days compared to what he had under Rafa? It doesn't even compare.

Guest reefatoon

So were turning against Almiron now eh?

Hes playing for a manager who doesnt do tactics and trying to setup a striker who cant score.

Im sorry but  :lol:

Who's turning against him? Some people really like him, some people think he is a bit average, that's all it really is, a difference in opinion.

Hes playing for a manager who doesnt do tactics and trying to setup a striker who cant score.

No, I like him. Of course he has flaws but we need him. He is excellent at getting us up the pitch, and that has been vital in many games (release pressure, create a chance).

I refuse to believe that the lad who transformed the way we played last season, forming one third of one of the most interesting and balanced attacks I've seen at Newcastle in years, is anything less than an unpolished diamond. I've not seen much this season and I understand his role has changed more recently into something that suits him better, but plenty of what I saw had him in a defensive role, spending as much time as a wing-back as an attacker. The Oxford and West Brom away games are the only ones I've seen since that Leicester destruction on New Years Day, so I'm not a reliable witness; but I've still seen plenty from last season, and moments in this, to suggest the guy's got talent.

Say what you like about Bruce doing an average to decent job results wise this season, I've absolutely zero faith in him having the managerial acumen to hone the abilities of raw talents like Miggy. What tuition has he got these days compared to what he had under Rafa? It doesn't even compare.

That's fair enough.

I’m not turning against him at all. There’s no player in the squad I want it to work out for more.

But by your same reasoning, how do you explain ASM being a success? While I agree some players need more coaching, they can’t use that as an excuse for doing basic things poorly.

Almiron could be a huge success here if he stepped up a bit. Nobody else is going to do it for him. But if he stays as is, it’s not going to work out.

I love the little fella. He's my favourite NUFC player.

Think he'd be wonderful under a proper coach.

:thup: as he would have been under rafa

what strikes me every single time i see him under bruce, in the knowledge it took him months to stop playing him RW, is that wherever bruce plays him his body position (and general position on the pitch) is always wrong to be able to do anything useful with the ball considering how heavily one footed he is

I love the little fella. He's my favourite NUFC player.

Think he'd be wonderful under a proper coach.

:thup: as he would have been under rafa

what strikes me every single time i see him under bruce, in the knowledge it took him months to stop playing him RW, is that wherever bruce plays him his body position (and general position on the pitch) is always wrong to be able to do anything useful with the ball considering how heavily one footed he is

Yep totally agree.