Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

The abuse Dummett gets is frankly sickening. He's doing his best but some people seem to want him to fail.

I agree with this.

Seems anyone not foreign and not costing millions is fair game.

there's a brilliant article in "The Popular side" issue 3 by Kevin Drew saying how the young fans learn from the old fans. When he started going it meant you got behind the team and were fanatical, to fit in with the ambience. Somehow over time (Ashley and ageing I suppose) our support has become cynical, embittered and negative, probably from reading "True Faith" too much and so the older support are totally intolerant of any and every player, making irrational snap decisions and hating people for no reason. Consequently the younger support look up to these ones with their beards, £400 yellow jackets, workwear jeans and daft shoes and think being utterly negative, while drinking in The Town Wall and The Forth and putting stuff on Twitter about how much you hate the club, the players and the support, is the way to be. The abuse Dummett gets for being a local lad and trying his best is frankly appalling. You wonder why those who abuse him actually bother with football as they seem to hate it so much.

:lol: What a load of owld s****.

We'll agree to differ.

How you doing Gene?

He's improving with every game, and did a steady job out there tonight.

I think Pardew likes tall full backs, because he doesn't want them to be a soft touch for crosses to the far post. Trouble is that kind of full back isn't quite as nimble and if they're slightly out of position, they don't find it as easy to recover.

But I do think Dummett has more potential than Haidara.

Wow, don't know what to say.

It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that Dummett is getting shit for being a local lad. He's 23 and can't really pass or control a ball. At CB the lack of these attributes doesn't get as highlighted as when playing LB. Shame he isn't a bit taller.

Played well yesterday though. :thup:

The abuse Dummett gets is frankly sickening. He's doing his best but some people seem to want him to fail.

I agree with this.

there's a brilliant article in "The Popular side" issue 3 by Kevin Drew saying how the young fans learn from the old fans. When he started going it meant you got behind the team and were fanatical, to fit in with the ambience. Somehow over time (Ashley and ageing I suppose) our support has become cynical, embittered and negative, probably from reading "True Faith" too much and so the older support are totally intolerant of any and every player, making irrational snap decisions and hating people for no reason. Consequently the younger support look up to these ones with their beards, £400 yellow jackets, workwear jeans and daft shoes and think being utterly negative, while drinking in The Town Wall and The Forth and putting stuff on Twitter about how much you hate the club, the players and the support, is the way to be. The abuse Dummett gets for being a local lad and trying his best is frankly appalling. You wonder why those who abuse him actually bother with football as they seem to hate it so much.

What a load of horseshit.

Dummett is limited technically, but he did really well yesterday and fair play to him. He's got loads of spirit and he deserves credit for that. However, he's not a full back and I'd have to see him play more games at CB to decide if he could cut it at this level. I doubt it to be honest.

I agree with this.

I'm afraid that is utter rubbish.

No it isn't.

he gets shitloads of grief on here and never gives less than 100% and is a decent defender.

Haidara is better going forward than him but isn't as good a defender but because he's foreign he's lauded on here.

100% agree with Ujpest Doza and Pat Heard. Paul Dummett was awesome last night our MOM. He is a good defender, gives 100% for the Geordie cause and i can't understand why our local lads get so much more stick than the foreigners on here.

I think there are quite a few mischief making makems on this site who prey on the weak minded and fickle on here and quite a few just plain dumb idiots too that think just because someone is foreign they automatically must be better than someone who is local.

Its good to have a mixture including a few local lads that really care about the club in the team and are not just full of mercenary's who would drop us in a heartbeat if they had a better offer. No i'm not saying ALL foreigners are mercenary's either before anyone starts.

I agree with this.

I'm afraid that is utter rubbish.

No it isn't.

he gets shitloads of grief on here and never gives less than 100% and is a decent defender.

Haidara is better going forward than him but isn't as good a defender but because he's foreign he's lauded on here.

100% agree with Ujpest Doza and Pat Heard. Paul Dummett was awesome last night our MOM. He is a good defender, gives 100% for the Geordie cause and i can't understand why our local lads get so much more stick than the foreigners on here.

I think there are quite a few mischief making makems on this site who prey on the weak minded and fickle on here and quite a few just plain dumb idiots too that think just because someone is foreign they automatically must be better than someone who is local.

Its good to have a mixture including a few local lads that really care about the club in the team and are not just full of mercenary's who would drop us in a heartbeat if they had a better offer. No i'm not saying ALL foreigners are mercenary's either before anyone starts.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01815/andy-carroll_1815701c.jpg

:lol:

Cusack with a thinly veiled advertisement for his fanzine.

haha i was just about to say the same thing,  a plug for the new poplular side fanzine and a dig at True Faith.

watch your letterbox

I agree with this.

:lol: What a load of owld s****.

We'll agree to differ.

Enjoying your new user name, mate? :lol: