Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

It's not your opinion of the player which bothers me, it's the manner in which you go about expressing your opinion which doesn't sit well with me.

It's a witch-hunt, something you should know plently about in your persistent defence of Pardew.

:lol: Reef was looking to get me to bite for criticising fans, I threw this at him to see what his reaction would be. I do think Dummett is shit and is clear 3rd best left back at the club, I don't hate the lad and I don't really want his confidence shot :lol: He's a young lad I don't think will make it here and will be in the championship soon enough but happy for him to prove me wrong  :)

How was Haidara today then? Genuine question, I thankfully worked through the match and also MoTD so I've seen nothing of this latest omnishambles.

No improvement on Dummett.

Improvement going forward in the sense that he could actually take on his man without looking like an utter chump. Was poor at the back, as was everyone. Still worth persevering with, much better athlete and footballer who will learn the defensive ropes in time.

Haidara's certainly better at overlapping and he'll become a threat in time. I see nothing in him that suggests he's a defender, though.

The last part could easily be said about everyone of our defenders lately. We have to stick with Haidara for now, he at least offers something, Dummett doesn't.

• 3 weeks later...

He has now played a few games for us. It's harsh to judge (especially considering the team he has come in to) but so far don't rate him as a defender or going forward. It would be for the best for both NUFC and Dummett if he was loaned out to a Championship club for next season. Having said that, Haidara hasn't really looked any better and Santon's form is erratic. NUFC almost certainly won't buy an experienced left back.

I'll withhold my judgement on him just yet.

That's why I want him loaned out, hopefully to a Championship side. Mike Ashley's squad size policies for NUFC mean young players are used to plug the gaps. They either play in the reserves, sit on the bench or get thrown in at the deep end. It isn't good for their development.

• 1 month later...

Wiki:

Dummett was sent off with a straight red after a rough foul to the Liverpool FC striker Luis Suarez, who did fly in the sky, in the last game of the 2013/2014 Premier League. Newcastle was defeated 2-1 [15] . This foul affects nearly participation Liverpool player at the World Cup Brazil 2014. [16]

:lol:

Most of these tweets are hilarious, bad google translate jobs.

Wiki:

Dummett was sent off with a straight red after a rough foul to the Liverpool FC striker Luis Suarez, who did fly in the sky, in the last game of the 2013/2014 Premier League. Newcastle was defeated 2-1 [15] . This foul affects nearly participation Liverpool player at the World Cup Brazil 2014. [16]

:lol:

Most of these tweets are hilarious, bad google translate jobs.

Fly in the sky. :lol: Needs a gif special.

Guest antz1uk

Red was overturned as well wasn't it?  :lol:

Hope he's out and they finish bottom.

it wan't that tackle was it? not that i'm one bit arsed, it happens, it's football, fuck suarez and fuck uruguay