Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

We should just buy a proper LB instead of picking up cheap crap for £2m.

Considering the love you have for Ligue 1 among other leagues, you must have seen a lot of Haidara even before he joined us. Care to elaborate why he is cheap crap?

What? :lol:

Was a genuine question. Haidara for me has looked the better of all three LBs we have.

When? Seriously. Everyone says this, but aside from a nice stroll against 9-man Stoke, he's done absolutely nowt for me.

Well I still think Santon is the better player but he's had an abysmal season while Dummett is absolute garbage. Haidara looked good in the Stoke game and has had other decent cameos for the side tbf.

Name them please. His 10 minutes in the Arsenal game was laughably bad, FYI. Totally killed any attacking momentum with his dodgy touch, time and again.

I thought that spell during the Stoke period was good. Had an excellent cameo there, thought he was decent or at least didn't do any wrong from what I remember against Soton. Also, I've see Dummett play far more minutes for this club than Haidara, and while Haidara maybe hasn't been excellent, Dummet has been below average for 95% of his games here.

Anyone still reckon santon contributed nothing going forward? At least he could run with a ball, Dummett is hopeless. He will prob have a decent championship career but that's it for him. Bad first touch, slow, positionally bad, can't cross, can't pass. Awful

Santon needed a kick up his ass, I like Santon as much as the next guy, but he was clearly need a rest, and some pressure to play like he has before for us. I think his form has gotten worse with Debuchy in the side as both attack and leaves him more exposed. With Danny he was the only one going forward so wasn't exposed as much.

As for Dummett. We could give him 100PL matches for all I care, he will never be a PL top half left-back. I actually don't think he'll ever be a good PL player.

Set pieces. :anguish:

This feels somewhat forced because he's an academy lad. It's painfully obvious Haïdara should be playing.

:thup: I don't think Haidara is a world beater or anything, but I prefer him to Dummett.

I believe Dummett's problem at the minute is he's being asked to do an awful lot for a young player just starting out in the PL. He's being asked to not just be a steady left back against World Class players, he's also then being asked to bomb forward and support Gouf who doesn't even overlap him making Dummett then the furthest man up field. He then has to track back again without much support. And to add to that he's being asked to take our set pieces which is awful at.

Get the lad to focus on being a good left back and getting his positioning and mind sorted against World Class players and progress to the rest later surely ?

We shouldn't be too hard on Dummett, he could turn out to be a decent player for us.  At this time he's learning the game and limited,  he's probably due some time away from the starting 11.

Exactly right.

Same applies for Haidara though.

No. He had a bad game against Liverpool.

Aye, and I suppose Armstrong is the next Chopra already too?

I think people are just speaking the way they see it. Armstrong has gotten what 8minutes on the pitch? Hard to draw conclusions from that. Dummett has played over 800minutes in the PL and not once looked comfortable as a player. People will say he looked decent against City which I disagree and he got a goal against Liverpool, but does that make David Edgar a decent player as well since he scored against Man U and Liverpool?

We shouldn't be too hard on Dummett, he could turn out to be a decent player for us.  At this time he's learning the game and limited,  he's probably due some time away from the starting 11.

You've got to be fucking kidding, right?  :scared:

Dummett was our best performer at City, he stopped the supply from Navas time and time again.

As for him "never looking comfortable", that's also untrue. He's had a few shaky games but has coped reasonably well in most.

Yesterday was a bad night for him, but he was no worse than the other three defenders on the pitch. MYM in particular was absolutely awful on the ball; and yet the rookie is being dug out for it.

Guest reefatoon

You've got to be f***ing kidding, right?  :scared:

Hate this kind of attitude.  Instead of getting behind him all the time, typing up nasties about him is just not on. If he comes and reads this, his confidence will be shot.  Hate fans like this.

Hate this kind of attitude.  Instead of getting behind him all the time, typing up nasties about him is just not on. If he comes and reads this, his confidence will be shot.  Hate fans like this.

Hope his confidence is shot and he never plays again for us, good thing. Haidara pls.

There's no way anyone else has gotten a pass. Our whole defense was shambles last night, difference is I've seen Colo be one of the best in the league, I've seen Willo have ok games (I'm no fan of his either and don't think he's good enough to be even a backup in the PL) and MBiwa was playing out of position.

Dummett is a limited footballer who won't cut it, I'm calling it the way I see it. If you don't agree, then fair enough, it's your opinion. I'm pretty confident that in 6-8 years time we'll see Haidara and Santon having far better careers than Dummett. That's just my opinion, I'd be glad to be proven wrong and see him playing for the national team and becoming the next Baines and I'll eat my words if that happens.

Guest reefatoon

Hope his confidence is shot and he never plays again for us, good thing. Haidara pls.

Disgusting attitude to have.  I normally just keep on clapping and then ask him for a wave.

That's what I mean. He was the best out of the 4 last night but the other 3 have largely got a pass.

He's young and has plenty of time to improve. He didn't have the best game last night but he was up against a quality winger.

Give the lad time: yet more knee jerk reactions on here: no surprise there.

People are saying throw in the youngsters and then immediately expect them to be top PL players. Ridiculous.

Guest reefatoon

When he's playing, i'm happy to support the lad, soon as he's off the pitch though, i'm just as happy to slag him off to the championship.

Ahh, you are one of those 90 minute fans eh. Part timer.

Dummett was our best performer at City, he stopped the supply from Navas time and time again.

As for him "never looking comfortable", that's also untrue. He's had a few shaky games but has coped reasonably well in most.

Yesterday was a bad night for him, but he was no worse than the other three defenders on the pitch. MYM in particular was absolutely awful on the ball; and yet the rookie is being dug out for it.

The difference being that Dummett never looks good on the ball at all, whereas Mbiwa usually does.

That's what I mean. He was the best out of the 4 last night but the other 3 have largely got a pass.

He's young and has plenty of time to improve. He didn't have the best game last night but he was up against a quality winger.

People are saying throw in the youngsters and then immediately expect them to be top PL players. Ridiculous.

I am not sure people are saying that at all.  People are saying that we have two young left backs who are both better than Dummett and should be playing instead.

I am not sure people are saying that at all.  People are saying that we have two young left backs who are both better than Dummett and should be playing instead.

Pretty much this.