Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Honestly, how does this guy even get a game in the PL?

He's playing better then Santon was before he got injured.

:lol: Alright, if you say so.

He's playing no worse than Santon, but he's still been shite. I'd have given the chance to Haidara.

Same here, :thup: from what i've seen he's looked the better of the two, but Dummett hasn't been bad, but just a bit ordinary.

I'd still keep him in the side. You've got to let him learn from nights like this or I really don't see the point. Fortunately, we do have the luxury of giving the likes of him some extended spells in the side; which is one silver lining of being in the position we are. I'd have Sammy in there n'all.

I honestly think aussiemag has it right, feel like a dick for saying it but he just has no standout qualities to his game that make me think he's worth sticking with.

I'd still keep him in the side. You've got to let him learn from nights like this or I really don't see the point. Fortunately, we do have the luxury of giving the likes of him some extended spells in the side; which is one silver lining of being in the position we are. I'd have Sammy in there n'all.

I just can't see any attributes that would make me excited about his future. Haidara is quicker and better on the ball, that alone makes him a lot more exciting prospect. Agree on Sammy, definitely should be getting big minutes after his good spell before the injury.

I just think that, since he's had the nod in Santon's absence, we've committed to it and should stick with it. Like I say, let him learn.

And I know I keep going back to it... but it would be nice to see us have a regular starter who's from the area. The team's missing some pride. He might not even be a money-grabbing cunt like Carroll, if he does end up being any good.

He's been handled poorly. Confidence will be on the floor after that.

He's the one Academy player who's actually been treated correctly and he's poor man. He got a loan spell to learn his trade, he got the odd game here and there, he's been given a run due to injury, but he's just rank.

I just think that, since he's had the nod in Santon's absence, we've committed to it and should stick with it. Like I say, let him learn.

And I know I keep going back to it... but it would be nice to see us have a regular starter who's from the area. The team's missing some pride. He might not even be a money-grabbing cunt like Carroll, if he does end up being any good.

:thup:

Given the circumstances it's probably a fair enough viewpoint. I'd quite like to see the time spent on Haidara personally, though, and not just because he's French.

He's been handled poorly. Confidence will be on the floor after that.

He's the one Academy player who's actually been treated correctly and he's poor man. He got a loan spell to learn his trade, he got the odd game here and there, he's been given a run due to injury, but he's just rank.

Oh, I agree that he's poor. I didn't think he should've started tonight as I don't think he's really looked very comfortable at all. I'd have Haidara in, he's got the raw materials and is worth persevering with.

He was appalling again, try Haidara now.

And if he doesn't hit the ground running, then what? Umm and ahh and go back to Santon? Then back to Dummett?

It would be achingly typical of Pardew to drop Dummett now. I know he hasn't played well - I know. But as I keep saying; we've committed to giving him some games and there's been flashes of ability. Dropping him as soon as he's got his arse handed to him renders the whole thing a bit pointless imo because he hasn't had that long (behind a front six that's woefully disjointed, by the by).

If, by the end of the season, he's shown no improvement - fair enough. I'd get him and Haidara out on loan and look to invest in the position.

As for Davide, I wouldn't bat an eyelid if Roma or Milan threw £5m at us.