Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

He's still a bit dodgy defensively but does recover well. Going forward he moves naturally to the left byline which can help us stretch the opposition defence, something Santon does rarely. His final ball hasn't been that good and I'd like to see him whip some balls in from deep like Debuchy does on the right.

Eh? He's shown himself to have a decent first touch and the ability to strike a ball. That's technical ability. He doesn't look very comfortable carrying the ball however..

I've not seen much of him running with the ball, but I'd agree about his technical ability. That quick control and dipping shot from the right hand edge of the penalty area were the signs of a good player. And I'm sure he wouldn't be taking the corners if there wasn't some faith in his technique.

I don't think he took any of the free kicks around the penalty area - I may be wrong. He seemed to be hovering with intent but more senior players prevailed. I'd like to see him take one from the right hand side of the area, curving in.

Too much thumping it for my liking. Gifts possession against better sides.

Agreed, though I think being slightly more defensively minded and sturdier than Santon has been recently counter balances that.