Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

According to .com He's signed a new 4 year contract with an option for extra 2 years  O0

Was in the Independent article about Colo. Excellent news!

1 performance 4 year deal - hmm - why not a couple of years and see what happens

According to .com He's signed a new 4 year contract with an option for extra 2 years  O0

1 performance 4 year deal - hmm - why not a couple of years and see what happens

Because the owner is absolutely shit scared someone will get him for less than he might be worth. See ultra-long contracts for everyone for e.g.

Nah, 4 years with an option for a further 2 is pretty much spot on. He will not be on the biggest wage anyway, and if he fails to develop it will only be 4 years, whereas if he does, we've got him tied down for 6. At the very worst we've got our LB cover sorted for the next 4/6 years.

He's played a full season in Scotland and won a trophy. A very successful loan spell. He is good enough for a 4 year deal.

As if this organisation would give out a long term contract on the back of 1 good season

:pardsgrin:

Don't see what's wrong with the contract, we had risked losing him for nothing (and he almost didn't resign last summer.) At the worst we can always sell him back to the SPL if he can't cut it. If it turns out he can play CB at a decent level as well as LB, he could at least be the defensive cover we are always missing.

Newcastle defender Paul Dummett has earned boss Alan Pardew's praise ahead of Sunday's Wear-Tyne derby.

The 22-year-old is be hoping to keep his place in the side after excelling when he was thrown into the deep end against Liverpool last time, filling in at centre-back following the sending-off of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

Dummett scored his first goal for the club in the 2-2 draw and has given Pardew plenty to think about ahead of the derby clash at the Stadium of Light.

The Newcastle boss told The Chronicle: "I don't expect to see him scoring goals - stopping goals is what he will be paid for.

"I thought he did that really well. He made some important interceptions and headers.

"You actually didn't see the join in the back four when Yanga-Mbiwa went off.

"We conceded a lot of possession because we only had 10 but we did really, really well."

Options

Pardew revealed he was going to start Dummett against Liverpool with Mike Williamson struggling in the build-up and - with Fabricio Coloccini out and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa now suspended - he is pleased he has got options at the back.

He added: "We've worked with the players that have come in. And we look like we've got a lot of good options.

"I was going to start with Dummett for Liverpool because Willo was struggling before the game.

"It was ironic that he came on. He'd had preparation, but I didn't expect him to do his little hop, skip and jump after he scored.

"His family will be proud of him. We've had him since he was nine so it is great to get one through."

Guest neesy111

Jamie McClen made an entire career out of the contract he got after a decent game against Arsenal and a goal at Peterborough. :lol:

That is true.

Newcastle defender Paul Dummett has earned boss Alan Pardew's praise ahead of Sunday's Wear-Tyne derby.

The 22-year-old is be hoping to keep his place in the side after excelling when he was thrown into the deep end against Liverpool last time, filling in at centre-back following the sending-off of Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

Dummett scored his first goal for the club in the 2-2 draw and has given Pardew plenty to think about ahead of the derby clash at the Stadium of Light.

The Newcastle boss told The Chronicle: "I don't expect to see him scoring goals - stopping goals is what he will be paid for.

"I thought he did that really well. He made some important interceptions and headers.

"We conceded a lot of possession because we only had 10 but we did really, really well."

Options

Pardew revealed he was going to start Dummett against Liverpool with Mike Williamson struggling in the build-up and - with Fabricio Coloccini out and Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa now suspended - he is pleased he has got options at the back.

He added: "We've worked with the players that have come in. And we look like we've got a lot of good options.

"I was going to start with Dummett for Liverpool because Willo was struggling before the game.

"It was ironic that he came on. He'd had preparation, but I didn't expect him to do his little hop, skip and jump after he scored.

"His family will be proud of him. We've had him since he was nine so it is great to get one through."

Anyone else read that in a slightly angry tone :lol:

Sign him to a deal and if he needs to go back out on loan, send him back out?

He's far close to the first team for me and has a genuine chance of making it unlike Ferguson and the likes.

Ferguson I think could make it. Sammy for example won't, I think the Championship is his level.

Options

Anyone else read that in a slightly angry tone :lol:

*NO MORE GOALS".gif

On another note, didn't Pardew say he wanted to see a goalscoring CB? Dummett has so far fit the bill (despite him being a LB!).

Sign him to a deal and if he needs to go back out on loan, send him back out?

He's far close to the first team for me and has a genuine chance of making it unlike Ferguson and the likes.

Ferguson I think could make it. Sammy for example won't, I think the Championship is his level.

How do you come to the conclusion that Ferguson could make it?

As much as I think loans are important and we don't use them often enough I don't think they are much of a gauge of how a player will do, just getting them games and used to competitive football.

Chopra scored 5 goals in 5 games for Watford? Where as Carroll seemed to struggle at Preston as an example.