Miguel Almirón

Deuce

Doubt it's a precaution, he was holding his hammy before he even got fouled.

That will be him for the season.

He was excellent again.

He started to hold it when Lemina's knee made contact with his hamstring. It's that fact that's giving me a bit of hope it's a blow rather than a pull or tear.

He was excellent again.

He started to hold it when Lemina's knee made contact with his hamstring. It's that fact that's giving me a bit of hope it's a blow rather than a pull or tear.

Dead leg maybe? Optimistic I guess. That he walked off of his own accord would give hope that it’s nothing that serious.

Nobody can say he didn’t play his part in the upturn in form. His attitude is first rate.

Fingers crossed he’ll heal quickly.

He was excellent again.

wrong leg

He was excellent again.

Oh right, hopefully.

Fancied him to score the day, how did he play?

Had a very good first half. Superb work rate and a constant thorn in their side. Had a decent effort early on coming inside from the left which was well saved by Gunn.

Just needs to settle down a bit occasionally as he seems to play at 100mph, but the composure will come - hopefully not at the cost of his explosiveness as it's a real asset to us and undoubtedly scares the opposition.

:lol: And Ben Arfa was casually knocking them in the top bin from 30 yards about five minutes after he arrived.

Almiron's a good player. Always a threat, grafts his bollocks off and will improve in the right circumstances. No need to waste time comparing him to heavenly specimens like Hatem. That lad was on another plane to the vast majority of attackers we've had in the last 20 years.

Was gutted for Miggy today, mind. He's had the shit kicked out of him in every single game since he joined but gets up and carries on with absolutely no fuss. Was bound to pick up a knock eventually.

Whoever said he was Ben Arfa with work rate was about right, i don't think he's as good a dribbler as HBA like.

He's Ben Arfa without the end product if you want to put it another way. Hatem was quality when he got in the final third. That said, most managers would probably prefer Almiron for his work rate and his team ethic. Hatem was brilliant but he played the game according to his own mood. Miggy lacks his confidence, but you can see the potential for next season.

Our attacking play has been so much better since he's been here and he's definitely been unlucky not to score. Next season hope he'll kick on and find that end product but don't think any criticism is due, fully deserves credit for massively livening up our play and bringing threat that was conspicuously missing prior. Just look at how perez's goal scoring has kicked on with him in the team is proof he has made an impact

He's nothing like Ben Arfa, unless you want to describe him as more hard working and slightly faster without the ball in his feet, but with poorer shooting, passing, technique, first touch and dribling. :lol: