Matty Longstaff (now playing for Toronto FC)

toontownman

Will surely spur Sean on. As much as he’ll be chuffed for him, last thing he’ll want is his kid brother taking his place in the team.

If it's a squad choice including Hayden, Shelvey and Ki, I don't think he's got too much to worry about.

Chuffed for them both.  Longstaff has been out of sorts so far this season but there looks to have been a marked improvement with Shortstaff as a partner.

It's almost as if they have some kind of natural, almost brotherly, understanding between them.

What a heart warming interview, might be the only thing that keeps me interested this season. He was raw in some instances where he gave the ball away cheaply but what a way to make your full debut!

Amazing stuff today; 2 young local lads winning the midfield battle against Man U with the younger scoring the winner on debut. Comic book material, you really have to hope the best for them, it’s hard not to be absolutely buzzing for them.

Matty reminds me a lot of Paul Scholes in the way he play.

Good positioning.

Good passer of the ball, both long and short.

Good shot.

Good tackler.

Good vision.

Seems to often make good decisions.

Good workrate.

Still very early days of course but looks to have all it takes to make it.

I know he could strike the ball very well, I just don’t know he could do it in his debut against Man Utd.

Great game. Hope to see him in Man Utd shirt together with Sean soon.

Matty reminds me a lot of Paul Scholes in the way he play.

Good positioning.

Good passer of the ball, both long and short.

Good shot.

Good tackler.

Good vision.

Seems to often make good decisions.

Good workrate.

Still very early days of course but looks to have all it takes to make it.

Good comparison, apart from the tackling. Scholes couldn't tackle, but it never stopped him from having a go.

I suspect that tackling isn't Matty's strong point either, but we can't complain when the other parts of his game look so good.

He was fantastic today and as someone else said, despite how detached I am from the club I found the interview lush and so pleased for the pair of them.

And then to negate it, Bruce sounded like an old man after 7 pints talking shit about the match in the pub in his MOTD interview "this ginger kid, really good" etc. Feel for the pair of them working under this mong.

Made me laugh how Gary Neville said that yesterday was what’s been missing in the last few years under Rafa Benitez seeing a young Geordie lad get his chance and score for Newcastle.

Pretty sure I saw Sean Longstaff get a chance in the team last season and score :laugh: