Ki Sung-gone

Guest ManDoon

No I think that’s how he was pretty much beforehand. Doesn’t waste possession and passes well but Longstaff is basically exactly the same thing except much faster, more agile and bags more stamina.

It’s not a hard one to work out.

Can’t compare him to Diame or Shelvey for that matter, totally different style of players.

• 1 month later...

Thought he was very poor today, gave the ball away so many times and didn't contribute aside from that shot in either attack or defense.

Agree with this. Very poor in possession today and gave it away very cheaply.

Not his best by a long way. Our midfield needs major investment.

• 7 months later...

I think I read the other day that they’re going to try and offload him in January as he isn’t rated. Sort of agree with that too as he only really impacted a couple of games and was really passive in most.

I think I read the other day that they’re going to try and offload him in January as he isn’t rated. Sort of agree with that too as he only really impacted a couple of games and was really passive in most.

Does the boring stuff that helps the team flow which often goes unnoticed.

That's why Rafa selected him ahead of shelvey. 

I don’t think either are the answer and both should probably be moved on.

I don’t think either are the answer and both should probably be moved on.

At a sensible, forward-thinking club, sure. But at Mike Ashley FC...?

Surely Ki (and Muto) would be looking to leave in January, unless they're happy with free money for nothing? Ki especially has only so many years left at a decent level.

• 2 months later...
Guest reefatoon

Luckily we have £45m sitting there to be spent on a replacement in the next few hours. Lee spin those plates like they have never been spun.

I found it strange just how far he fell out of favour. He always struck me as a capable player who improved us last season when he came on a few times for the comparably static Shelvey.

Should get picked up by a Champo team no bother.