Newcastle 1-1 Watford - post match reaction from page 7

Greg

Did it brush Hayden’s arm before the goal if so should been disallowed

Watford players arm.

giphy.gif

See VAR thread. Beat you to it.

Not wrong btw, it didn't touch Hayden arm, it did touch the Watford arm.

Just also hit Hayden's hand.

O0

Today was just meh, only followed on here, I can't just switch off but at the same time pretty emotionless when they scored and when we scored. It's bizarre to say the least.

Same.  I still looked at the team at 2pm to judge but I feel nothing when we score or concede. 

Today was just meh, only followed on here, I can't just switch off but at the same time pretty emotionless when they scored and when we scored. It's bizarre to say the least.

Same.  I still looked at the team at 2pm to judge but I feel nothing when we score or concede.

Same, I still haven't even bothered to watch the highlights and don't know if I actually will bother or not.

I will continue to watch all games probably, but the same as a lot on here, I couldn't care less which way the game goes after 90 mins.  Gone are the days when the result made or ruined my weekend.  I've just reverted to what I was like pre-Rafa, mehhh.

If I was living there I’d be taking my wheelchair bound dad to watch South Shields where we’re from now, after 30 years of season tickets.

Watch it on small rivers as it’s on at a good time of night but after last night I feel like I’m wasting my nights now, complete waste of time and precious minutes I’ll not ge back

Almiron had the ball in the net first half. That was a 2-1 win in real terms.

Only just hears about the offside goal, apparently it should have stood.

Almiron's was offside, Atsu had a chance prior to that where he was through 1-on-1 flagged for offside where he was well onside in the replay.

I was actually bored with the game even when we seemed the better side. Spent most of the time watching The Longest Yard on Sky Comedy instead and switching between that and the match. Much better laugh than what we were trying.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’ve noticed a few times now on the football section of the forum across various threads a growing trend of cynicism towards the actual sincerity or not of those who have and continue to profess to no longer caring about the club any more or don’t have any personal interest in matters concerning NUFC any more.

All based on, it seems, such members posting their thoughts in certain threads, especially on match day, on Bruce and this or that player and even on ticketing/attendances.

The credibility levels of someone who doesn’t care or isn’t interested full stop now, or not as much as they used to before, are being discredited and even challenged the more they post in such threads. If you don’t care, why do you post? You keep saying you don’t care, but you’re posting in the match thread. And so on and so on.

I’ve been called out myself, if I reiterate my feelings more than a few times, my credibility rating goes down and my feelings get twisted as something else, by me keep professing to not caring or being interested any more I’m really trying too hard to convince everyone that no, really,  believe me, I really don’t care, honestly.

Not that I care too much whether anyone believes me or not, what bothers me more - which seems to be the case lately with some from one side in particular and not over any differences between the various sentiments expressed by each side, who cares or who doesn’t care, who wants the team to lose or who wants them to win, who has no interest or who has an interest. It’s how bothered by those who don’t care, don’t go, don’t cheer a goal or feel anything having an opinion still and expressing their opinions.

Ian W for example, your opinions aren’t welcome in match threads because you’ve told everyone you don’t care, you don’t want to watch the match and you’re moth bothered win lose or draw. So why do you post?

It’s not just Ian being called out, it’s others and it’s any sentiments in nature relating to the emotional withdrawal from giving any kind of toss about the whole damn thing when expressed, being objected to or we know, you’ve said it a millions times, we get it, you’ve reached your limit now.

Obviously it’s not 100% one sided as there are some on the other side discrediting, calling out, challenging and wanting to effectively censor sentiments expressing a care, an interest, a cheer, a wanting the club, manager or players to succeed thinking, and that’s bothering too.

And I’ve been guilty of that myself, but in truth, regardless of my own feelings, I’d like to think the vast majority of people on here care deeply about Newcastle United over anything to do with owner, manager, players, results etc. in a way where it means so much to people to support or follow no other club than Newcastle and deep inside everyone has the club’s best interests at heart whether that’s wanting relegation to push Ashley into selling up or Bruce to prove everyone wrong.

Me, I honestly don’t care or have any interest anymore because I’ve decided for my own sanity and sake at least that my club and team is dead, it’s now Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct FC and to be honest, I’ve tried to care and wanted to with Rafa but I was finding myself feeling less and less upset if we conceded a goal or lost and less and less cheerful if we scored or won. Emotions when conceding or losing would be more of a ha ha, how shite is this and scoring and winning would draw faint half arsed get ins. In the end it made me more happier being happy for Rafa and the players and not for the club, the city and the fans.

Under Pardew I went into full on hate mode and wanted it all to crash and burn, but now I’ve thought long and hard about everything and although it’s been hard not to care and be interested, if I couldn’t get into the mood under Rafa, under Bruce I’d be back to full on hate mood. If I’ve decided it’s not my club anymore and have chosen to withdraw all support then why would I watch games, why would I care about Bruce being shit, or the team being shit or Perez being sold?

So I walked away, I’ve not watched any of the games under Bruce, watched or read about anything other than posts on here and why would I, if I did I’d go into hate mode again and I don’t want to be bitter and to watch a match that makes me angry. It’s not my club, it’s not my team. It would be like watching Bournemouth and getting all hot and bothered over a loss or poor performance or mistakes by the manager.

And that brings me to N.O and me posting in match threads, having an opinion on the manager, results, performances, this or that player, I wouldn’t do that after a Bournemouth match would I? Of course not, I don’t support them, or care about them, they are if no interest.

Because of my sentiments and public (on here anyway) demonstrations that NUFC is dead, I don’t care anymore and so on, I’ve promised myself I won’t be posting any opinion about the manager, results etc. and I won’t, I don’t have the right to and can’t just complain or comment on matters I don’t care about, have no interest in and don’t even watch.

Under Pardew, I’d want him and everything else to crash and burn even in my sleep, but now, I don’t have any ill feeling towards Bruce, fans, players and if anything, I want Ashley to crash and burn to ruin more because of how he treats his workers, how he conducts business, how big a Tory he is, than what he’s done to the club.

People need to accept Bruce is no different than the rest of them, loyal to himself above anything else, as was Rafa and every single player who comes and goes, the only loyal people at the club are the fans. The difference between Pardew and Rafa is he cared, he was also loyal to the game, his players, the fans, and the club as a sporting institution. Bruce will care too in a similar way in different ways. And if he cares and works hard and tries his best I say good luck to him. I guarantee he will show Ashley no loyalty over his own interests in the same way Ashley wouldn’t show Bruce any loyalty if he gets the team relegated. Joelinton won’t show Bruce loyalty if someone comes in for him paying bigger wages or Bruce loyalty to him if he goes 10 games without a goal because he scored against Spurs.

I’ve accepted he’s who he is, they all are, and now most fans going to games are just like them too, loyal to their own interests, the first to boo, to demand the sack, to walk out at half time, early or piss and moan in the pub, on social media or on here even.

My loyalty is to the club I grew up with and that’s my club til I die, this isn’t and Ashley gone or not it never will be, if it’s still yours now or forever, it’s your club and team so good luck.

I’m probably going to get involved with Gateshead soon, it’s local, owned by the fans and it’s something I can get behind and support emotionally and financially to feel like my support is valued and wanted, that I’m gonna be part of something that belongs to fans and the town.

Long term I’m going to get back into grassroots football and want to set up my own club for kids to come and play free from coaching, trials, winning, somewhere to come and play in a safe environment just for the fun of it. My 5 year old plays an hour on Saturdays at his club, the coaches do a bit of warm up and then mix and match up even sides and just let them all play for 50 minutes uninterrupted and it’s great to watch and the kids get so much more out of it than they would if it was an hour coaching session with a ten minute game at the end of playing for a team 5-a-side vs another side with coaches and parents on the touch line each kid being instructed, positioned where to play and the object to not lose, to win.

I think it's the difference between caring, not being bothered but still interested and trying to distinguish between the three. I care about NUFC the club I've followed since the early 1970's, but not at all about this version that Ashley has created. I'm not bothered about the results or what happens until Ashley sells, but I am interested by the process that will get us there. You can certainly be interested in what's going on and post about it, it doesn't mean you care.

To me, the biggest factor that has made me lost some interest is Bruce. I would have supported those set of players on Saturday, willing them on had I the confidence they would win, if Rafa was on the touchline instead of Bruce. Of course I would have still hated us being run under the ownership of Ashley but at least with Rafa, I actually had a thrill of watching a match win, draw or lose.

Seeing Bruce in the technical area just turns me off. The players we have brought in, bar Joelinton,  hardly have excited me yet. Again that goes down to Bruce coz he ain't know what he's doing with them. Carroll coming back will have a sentimental effect but apart from that, I feel nothing.

Still interested in the clu but not as before, especially financially.

I think it's the difference between caring, not being bothered but still interested and trying to distinguish between the three. I care about NUFC the club I've followed since the early 1970's, but not at all about this version that Ashley has created. I'm not bothered about the results or what happens until Ashley sells, but I am interested by the process that will get us there. You can certainly be interested in what's going on and post about it, it doesn't mean you care.

👍

Well put.

Just a note on the way games are portrayed in the media. Manr saying our goal should've been disallowed for a handball by Hayden but no mention of the ball Doucourr hand on Joelintons second blocked shot in the first half.

Even during the dark years with kinnear and Pardew - where we played the worst football in the history of the game - i kept my passion.

Now and maybe for the rest of my life its feels different - its broken - im numb  :whatdidido:

:thup:

I've never been so disinterested, i hardly followed the Watford game.

Just a note on the way games are portrayed in the media. Manr saying our goal should've been disallowed for a handball by Hayden but no mention of the ball Doucourr hand on Joelintons second blocked shot in the first half.

And was Ferrerya not offside and interferring with play when they scored their goal?

It’s the rules. Accidental attacking handball is a foul, accidental defensive one isn’t.