Newcastle 1-1 Watford - post match reaction from page 7

Greg

Probably the most empty seats I've seen at St James' in a PL game. Seems the boycotting is working, particularly given the win at Spurs. Strange like, as all I ever read from the groups and protesters is how fans won't stop going to games regardless and there'll be 48k there every week. Well it appears they have stopped going in significant numbers.

Looking forward to seeing how many the club claim they have sold, no way will they have sold 1k this morning so the official attendance should be under 45k

Genuinely looks about 40k to me. Empty seats everywhere (throughout the half, not just prior to HT). Surprising after the Spurs result but impressive from those staying away.

Probably the most empty seats I've seen at St James' in a PL game. Seems the boycotting is working, particularly given the win at Spurs. Strange like, as all I ever read from the groups and protesters is how fans won't stop going to games regardless and there'll be 48k there every week. Well it appears they have stopped going in significant numbers.

Looking forward to seeing how many the club claim they have sold, no way will they have sold 1k this morning so the official attendance should be under 45k

Genuinely looks about 40k to me. Empty seats everywhere (throughout the half, not just prior to HT). Surprising after the Spurs result but impressive from those staying away.

My prediction was 44k official but an actual attendance of nearer 40k, not seen the away section yet

Joelintons quality. He honestly is

He's been good today, doing everything right.

In truth, we never deserved to be behind here - we've been the more threatening side.

More composure from Almiron and we'd be ahead.

90 mins to beat a desperately struggling side. There won't be any excuses if we don't win.

Schar is top quality, shouldn’t be anywhere near this club

He's not very good at defending, which is brilliant because if he was he certainly wouldn't be here.

Schar is a good defender. Very good at times, in fact.

He really isn't. He is good at aggresive interceptions at that is about it, he gets caught out of position a lot but gets away with it in our three man set up with relatively deep wing backs making a 5 when defending.

Wouldn't have him anywhere near my team in a back four.

Great on the ball, lovely passing range. Decent finisher.

Guest neesy111

Schar is top quality, shouldn’t be anywhere near this club

He's not very good at defending, which is brilliant because if he was he certainly wouldn't be here.

Schar is a good defender. Very good at times, in fact.

He's not at all.  If he was he'd be at a very top club