Other clubs' kits (2023/24)

Toon Hoser

Really like our kit, might break my Qatar embargo and buy one this season. Away one has to definitely be bought.

Colours of the Northumberland Flag :cool:

Talking of which, it only just dawned on me that the Old Metro colours, the yellow and red was because of the flag of the Northumberland.  ???

Is that Jack Wilshire in the England ? Never really seen the guy up close, he looks like a spotty little teen

So, you've only really seen him from...afar?

http://i.imgur.com/3KUGM.jpg

Really like our kit, might break my Qatar embargo and buy one this season. Away one has to definitely be bought.

Colours of the Northumberland Flag :cool:

Talking of which, it only just dawned on me that the Old Metro colours, the yellow and red was because of the flag of the Northumberland.  ???

Is that true? It's in Tyne and Wear.

Whitley Bay, Cullercoats, Tynemouth, North Shields, Percy Main, Howdon etc used to be classed as Northumberland did they not?

I fondly remember my dad kicking off when they changed it to Tyne & Wear....

Whitley Bay, Cullercoats, Tynemouth, North Shields, Percy Main, Howdon etc used to be classed as Northumberland did they not?

I fondly remember my dad kicking off when they changed it to Tyne & Wear....

Probably, yeah, something like that anyway.

I just thought the change was way before the Metro existed. 1974 is later than I thought.

I thought the change was even later still as I think it officially changed for where we lived when the councils 'split'...either way the people who owned the metro must've had a hankering for some traditional colours.

The border between County Durham and Northumberland used to be the River Tyne. Newcastle was the county town of Northumberland.

I was born in North Shields when it was part of Northumberland.

Tyne and Wear is a monstrous carbuncle and should be deleted from the map.

Tyne and Wear doesn't exist though, hasn't for many a year. The former metropolitan borough of Tyne and Wear, is now, Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland, North Tyneside and South Tyneside county councils. Those 5 councils still work a lot together, but the only really formal tie is to Nexus which they all fund to administer Public Transit.

Anyway I was born in Jesmond and lived the majority of my childhood in North Tyneside, I have a affiliation to Northumberland but when asked I always say I'm from Newcastle.

Tyne and Wear doesn't exist though, hasn't for many a year. The former metropolitan borough of Tyne and Wear, is now, Newcastle, Gateshead, Sunderland, North Tyneside and South Tyneside county councils. Those 5 councils still work a lot together, but the only really formal tie is to Nexus which they all fund to administer Public Transit.

Anyway I was born in Jesmond and lived the majority of my childhood in North Tyneside, I have a affiliation to Northumberland but when asked I always say I'm from Newcastle.

Tyne and Wear does exist, it's a metropolitan county.

Guest Haris Vuckic

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll349/Todosobrecamisetas/Clubes%202013/FLA1.jpg

BK_gIMoCQAMkzvn.jpg:large

Both awesome.

I've been after this years Botafogo shirt but I couldn't read the Portuguese on the website.

Before postage - you can get the home shirt with SEEDORF on for £40!

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll349/Todosobrecamisetas/Clubes%202013/PARA2.jpg

http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll349/Todosobrecamisetas/Clubes%202013/PARA3.jpg