Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)

Alby

Newcastle United Supporters Trust (NUST)   

186 members have voted

1. 1. Have you / do you intend to pledge to the 1892 Pledge scheme orchestrated by the NUST?

• Yes
    • No

I can't imagine the likes of Shepherd or Moat wanting in this - they'll want more control for investing more cash. 1+1 isn't something they would be interested in.

The more and more I think about it, I 'could' invest some of my pension from my days when I worked at the Uni. I'd have to check it out with the wife first, however.

If, for example, Barry Moat puts in £60m: will he have the controlling vote? I know it's an extreme example.

No, not under the way it's structured (as I understand it)

You and I could put in £1500 each and have more say in theory.

Well, these are my thoughts exactly. Is it not more likely that the NUST will push for a split of, say, 60% NUST and the remainder to be covered by a large investor? To my mind, it's more realistic.

how much are they looking for off each investor?

Think its a minimum of 1.5k

£1500 is achievable at £10 a piece on the forum.

we should be looking to buy a few shares.

I like that idea actually. Maybe we could start a thread similar to the donations thread?

ooops forgot to donate to this board, dave!!! where do I go to donate.

Aye, i think N-O investing could be intersting.

If every member 3000 people pleged £10 each the forum could buy 20 shares.

I can see cp40's mind glowing from here. 'THE POWER... THE POWER!'

He thinks he's found a way to get Keegan back.

:lol:

If every member 3000 people pleged £10 each the forum could buy 20 shares.

I can see cp40's mind glowing from here. 'THE POWER... THE POWER!'

He thinks he's found a way to get Keegan back.

my cunning plan is Foyled :angry:

If, for example, Barry Moat puts in £60m: will he have the controlling vote? I know it's an extreme example.

Is the right answer. Each person gets a vote and an equal voice.

What woud we rather be as a club, owned by some faceless coporate types who use the club as a vehicle for advertising and making money or a club thats intension is to play football and help the community around it.

Can we run trials in July for local lads to earn a spot on the playing squad? :)

What woud we rather be as a club, owned by some faceless coporate types who use the club as a vehicle for advertising and making money or a club thats intension is to play football and help the community around it.

Can we run trials in July for local lads to earn a spot on the playing squad? :)

If they invest aye.  :lol:

No it's 1 vote per person no matter how much they invest

Is it? then it wouldnt be worth the forum clubbing together, wed be better off buying ourselves, or for example 2 or 3 people clubbing together to raise 1500.

Anyway. About the N-O consortium (:lol:)--would there have to be equal donations? For example, cp40 puts in £5k and I chip in with a fiver, would we get equal say? :lol:

O0

stump up cp40, don't be a tight arse.

Anyway. About the N-O consortium (:lol:)--would there have to be equal donations? For example, cp40 puts in £5k and I chip in with a fiver, would we get equal say? :lol:

Yes. In fact, you'd get more of a say.

Is the right answer. Each person gets a vote and an equal voice.

Only to an extent though. It depends which decisions will be made by shareholders and which will be made by the elected board.

Once the board is in place it's probable that the majority of the decisions will be made by them, so if Moat takes a place on the board obviously his say increases over yours and mine.

how much are they looking for off each investor?

Think its a minimum of 1.5k

£1500 is achievable at £10 a piece on the forum.

we should be looking to buy a few shares.

I like that idea actually. Maybe we could start a thread similar to the donations thread?

ooops forgot to donate to this board, dave!!! where do I go to donate.

Here you go http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,64978.new.html

Is it? then it wouldnt be worth the forum clubbing together, wed be better off buying ourselves, or for example 2 or 3 people clubbing together to raise 1500.

But then you would be individuals. The advantage of the forum is that we could have a collection of 20 votes that vote one way.

Er no,  We all chip in then vote on a rep.  That rep then votes on what gets agreed here.  That person attends the meetings etc.