Mike Ashley (former owner)

Disco

?  

462 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• Takeover
    • Fakeover

He’s cottoned on to the fact everyone knows he’ll prevent a sale and he’s going to take out £40m+ each year imo. Even when the £111m left is reclaimed he’ll just carry on using the club as his little atm until there’s nothing left. He’ll flog us to the highest bidder once he’s squeezed the pips out in about 8 years time.

Club’s dead, the question is, how much of its remains will be left when this cunt dies

FWIW I think the FCB is simply going to use us as a Cash Cow. He allegedly took out c£33M last summer in loan repayments and assuming that no reasonable (and pricey) footballer would want to come here at the moment we'll again under spend our transfer 'budget'. He'll sell Longstaff as the window closes for say £25M plus another £30M-£40M from the likes of Dubravka, Schar, Hayden etc. He can then take out £100M this year without running out of cash. We get relegated but parachute payments and more cost cutting would allow him to take out another £50M a year for the next two years (he will then not be bothered to get re-promoted). He'll basically reduce his costs faster than his income reduces and extract the difference whilst running the club into the ground. Then sell it for say £100M on the back of (us) its fanbase. £300M over three years whilst getting revenge on the northern monkeys that sang nasty songs at him. Win-win for the FCB - it's a classic asset-stripping strategy. We've all got to walk away not to be complicit in this.

Quite an extreme analysis, but probably not that far from the truth. I used to think Ashley was desperate for us to remain in the Premier, now I think he sees it as a bonus. He's happy enough to keep making money one way or the other, as long as we are doing that he won't be fussed in which division we are in. From his POV the club is still a great advertising tool for Sports Direct, so despite what everyone keeps saying, he doesn't want to sell up at all.

8 years is ambitious imo. The club will be sold when he's nearly dead. And even then it might just go to his children. Absolutely no reason for him to sell at all. Infact it would be outright stupid given that he owns a sports retail company.

Have all the takeover rumours just stopped dead then?

Yeah, strangely the other interested parties (didn’t happen) just vanished. It’s almost like it was bullshit all along.

It was always going to play out like this. It's straight out of the Ashley book. It's still hard to believe how many fell for it again though.

Yeah, strangely the other interested parties (didn’t happen) just vanished. It’s almost like it was bullshit all along.

It was always going to play out like this. It's straight out of the Ashley book. It's still hard to believe how many fell for it again though.

I did tbh. Again. All those pictures of the SD signs going in the skip pulled me in. :lol:

Fell for what exactly? The buyers are, like Staveley, genuinely trying to buy the club. Ashley as always, has been the sticking point, and I don't think many people out there thought it was going to be otherwise.

Another negative told you so twat. Well done

Fell for what exactly? The buyers are, like Staveley, genuinely trying to buy the club. Ashley as always, has been the sticking point, and I don't think many people out there thought it was going to be otherwise.

Fell for the possibility that Ashley might sell this time. He’s played us with a number of his actions.

Yip. Most people said they were genuine but ashley, which is exactly how it's played out. But the special group on here are taking it as an 'i told you so' win.  Pretty sure a couple of them had it down as a KB masterstroke.

The club costs him nothing and he advertises sports direct for free. He's not selling ever

He makes too much money from having the club for him to sell.  Its always been and always will be smoke and mirrors - plays the game but nothing more.

Fell for the possibility that Ashley might sell this time. He’s played us with a number of his actions.

We were told by a few sources that this time he genuinely wanted to sell up. I guess if you hear it enough times you start to believe it, but the initial hunch we all had was the correct one. He doesn't want to sell, and never has. Not in any serious interpretation of this long running drama.

Total utter bullshit smoke and mirrors

Again

Think no club will ever believe BZG again after how they have let this one play out. Also after what happened to their supposed interest in Liverpool.

And rightly so. Regardless of Ashley's complete shithouse behaviour, they've not exactly covered themselves in glory either.

Of the three latest, confirmed, bids (BZG, Staveley, Kenyon) Staveley is the only one I'd have wanted.

Still nowt official lads....

Yes, I still have a very slight optimism until there's official word :suicide:

Nothing official but it must be absolute miles away if we are trying so hard to get Bruce and his back room staff and bringing Carr back

Still nowt official lads....

Yes, I still have a very slight optimism until there's official word :suicide:

Nothing official but it must be absolute miles away if we are trying so hard to get Bruce and his back room staff and bringing Carr back

Aye it's clearly completely fucked, if it ever actually had any genuine potential in the first place.

Guest Howaythetoon

It’s still ‘on’ in that they want to buy and Ashley wants to sell, but those terms...

From Ashley’s side!

It won’t happen obviously :(