Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Not sure if Blyth will have even trained together for two weeks before the FA Cup game due to a positive test in the group meaning the players have had to self isolate. This season is going to be a farce and is almost certainly going to be abandoned. The FA Cup might just about survive, depending on which clubs survive the Covid lottery.

The FA Cup will do what Leyton Orient had to do in the League Cup, and force teams with positive cases to forfeit.

Not sure if Blyth will have even trained together for two weeks before the FA Cup game due to a positive test in the group meaning the players have had to self isolate. This season is going to be a farce and is almost certainly going to be abandoned. The FA Cup might just about survive, depending on which clubs survive the Covid lottery.

The FA Cup will do what Leyton Orient had to do in the League Cup, and force teams with positive cases to forfeit.

Dunston have already fell victim. Forced to forfeit their tie at Whitley Bay after positive covid tests.

Blyth's Robbie Dale has announced his retirement at 36, finishing as the club's second-highest all-time goalscorer. To think the guy originally had reservations about joining as he didn't feel he was good enough.

North Shields 3-2 Hebburn

Cracking match between the top two with the hosts fully deserving the win! Worst I've seen Hebburn play for a long time! Awful conditions mind - clothes are still soaked! Good banter between the fans; "You're just a small town in Jarra" the pick of the songs  :lol:

Blyth's Robbie Dale has announced his retirement at 36, finishing as the club's second-highest all-time goalscorer. To think the guy originally had reservations about joining as he didn't feel he was good enough.

A genuine club legend and nice lad, am led to believe. He will be a huge miss.

• 3 weeks later...

Quite a few NL clubs are trying to get the crowd limit extended. Didn’t realise it was lower in the NE than elsewhere, pathetic.

The Teesside teams in the Northern League such as Guisborough, Billingham etc are allowed 300 but the Tyneside clubs are only allowed 150. Heaton Stan pushing to get it increased and they have the support of all the other NL clubs in the Tyneside area.

Yeah I've been putting off going to games because at 150 I don't want to be taking the space of a regular fan.

Come to RACA then as we never get anywhere near that! home next 2 saturdays

Ha - that's my most local team at the moment. I've been once before - very picturesque ground. However I tend to like to go to new grounds if I can.

Quite a few NL clubs are trying to get the crowd limit extended. Didn’t realise it was lower in the NE than elsewhere, pathetic.

The Teesside teams in the Northern League such as Guisborough, Billingham etc are allowed 300 but the Tyneside clubs are only allowed 150. Heaton Stan pushing to get it increased and they have the support of all the other NL clubs in the Tyneside area.

Hebburn play Thornaby on Wednesday - is it not 600 there?!