Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

it's obviously shite but didn't all of the clubs agree to this rule together?  if so didn't they fucking think about it at the time :lol:

Well quite. I mean, I get that it's shit, but giving an exception to Leganes doesn't solve the problem. Where are they going to get someone? And are they then going to give the same exception to that team?

The original rule is the problem. I mean, unless your team is wiped out in a horrible accident, just play a guy out of position for a couple of months. They had Messi and Griezmann the other day FFS.

it's obviously shite but didn't all of the clubs agree to this rule together?  if so didn't they fucking think about it at the time :lol:

Well quite. I mean, I get that it's shit, but giving an exception to Leganes doesn't solve the problem. Where are they going to get someone? And are they then going to give the same exception to that team?

The original rule is the problem. I mean, unless your team is wiped out in a horrible accident, just play a guy out of position for a couple of months. They had Messi and Griezmann the other day FFS.

:thup: i've no issue with the rule* as long as it can't include activating a clause - without the rule leganes then have to balance the 18m or whatever they want for the player (can demand much more given the circumstances if the clause is rendered moot) vs. the risk of relegation

*obvs better if they don't have it at all mind

Liverpool made more than £500m last season, I remember a time when we could compete with them financially. :(

Hold on, they made £500M, spend decently in transfer windows, have a new training ground and plans to extend Anfield?

Don't they know you can't have all of those. It's either a swimming pool or a player. Charnley said so.

Seemed silly in the first place. You can’t expect everyone’s leagues to start at the same time. I know some argue that clubs don’t have to sell abroad if they don’t want to, but some clubs aren’t in that position. I know the Premier League is rich but if some big European club bid £60m for Nathan Ake (just using it as an example), it’d still be tough for them to say no. September 1st is at least the beginning of the European competitions so seems fair. It’s only an extra 2-3 games usually anyway.