Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Guest godzilla

Was no good for Rafa’s system but would be a big upgrade today.

Agree think he would fit in quite well with the current setup.

If we went to Fulham and gave £30m to bring him back I think we’d finish top 8.

you think he'd score at the same rate against PL defenders in a team that doesn't create chances for its strikers?

Yeah he’d fit right in with a team that are 20th for amount of crosses put in the box :laugh:

I don’t even think prime Shearer would get more than 10 under Bruce.

If we went to Fulham and gave £30m to bring him back I think we’d finish top 8.

you think he'd score at the same rate against PL defenders in a team that doesn't create chances for its strikers?

Yeah he’d fit right in with a team that are 20th for amount of crosses put in the box :laugh:

I don’t even think prime Shearer would get more than 10 under Bruce.

this is why i find the joelinton criticism particularly harsh, he's had fuck all to work with and his confidence as a young kid in a new country will be utterly fucked

i fear for the lad under bruce actually, i think he needs to be in a deeper role but will never get it

As much as I’m not fan of Carroll, he’s made a big contribution to a few goals, I don’t see Joelinton sniffing those sorts of positions out. Like someone else has said, he’s probably a £20m player who might come good, but not as a centre-forward. I could see Mitrovic doing the Carroll role however if this is the way we’re going to play long-term.

he's not a line leader, i think that's one thing we can all agree, therefore the fault should be on bruce who continually plays him as one as if it's the only way to play football

In which case he’s an expensive £40m sub because he’d not be ahead of Almiron or ASM on the flanks.

i won't disagree with what you've said, my only gripe is with criticism thrown at the lad himself, bruce "signed off" on him right?  hasn't a clue how to play him

fwiw if almiron & ASM are fit i'd play him deeper and those two more forward almiron left, get him to link between the CM's who are often too deep and the two pacy wide forwards with him coming up onto stuff a la firmino, which is another thing we completely lack - but again that would require bruce to know what he's doing

As bad as the 'uproar' is now I reckon it would have been worse had we not signed Joelinton and went with Gayle, Muto and Carroll instead.

We really need to sign a James Maddison type in the centre, an intelligent short to mid range passer in the final third of the pitch. Joelinton is suffering massively from Bruce's hoofball tactics, something Mitrovic would thrive on.

he's not a line leader, i think that's one thing we can all agree, therefore the fault should be on bruce who continually plays him as one as if it's the only way to play football

This is not really directed/a dig at you, but I've seen this sort of thing creep in a lot.

It's basically what Ashley wants, isn't it? The manager being the lightning rod for most of the anger towards the club, taking the majority of the heat for the problems ultimately caused by the ownership. Get half the fan base attacking the manager, half the fan base defending him, keep the attention over there until it becomes unsustainable then refresh and start again.

This is not really directed/a dig at you, but I've seen this sort of thing creep in a lot.

It's basically what Ashley wants, isn't it? The manager being the lightning rod for most of the anger towards the club, taking the majority of the heat for the problems ultimately caused by the ownership. Get half the fan base attacking the manager, half the fan base defending him, keep the attention over there until it becomes unsustainable then refresh and start again.

It’s not Mike Ashley’s fault that Bruce is getting so little out of Joelinton.

Is he a £40million striker? No

Would we be seeing a better Joelinton if he wasn’t managed by Bruce though? Yes.

We shouldn’t have spent so much money on him but Bruce should be getting way more out of him.

It’s not Mike Ashley’s fault that Bruce is getting so little out of Joelinton.

Is he a £40million striker? No

Would we be seeing a better Joelinton if he wasn’t managed by Bruce though? Yes.

We shouldn’t have spent so much money on him but Bruce should be getting way more out of him.

aye, this is what i meant - if bruce knew how to play people properly there likely wouldn't be an issue to discuss

it's the same with playing almiron right all season, he'd probably have fucked a less positive player completely by now and anyone with eyes could see it wasn't working, that's not ashley's fault for signing almiron it's bruce's for being a shit manager

It's all Ashley's fault. It's his fault for employing Bruce. It's his fault for fucking Rafa around. It's his fault we aim for 17th as success each year. It's also his fault we bought Joelinton. It's also his fault Joelinton is being called a "£40 million" player. It's also his fault that we will never, ever be able to increase the capacity of the stadium.

Bruce is utterly irrelevant, unless you feel that, with a slightly better manager, it's worth getting back on board and supporting this shitshow (some don't even need to get back on board, as they can't see the bigger picture to save their lives).

As bad as the 'uproar' is now I reckon it would have been worse had we not signed Joelinton and went with Gayle, Muto and Carroll instead.

We really need to sign a James Maddison type in the centre, an intelligent short to mid range passer in the final third of the pitch. Joelinton is suffering massively from Bruce's hoofball tactics, something Mitrovic would thrive on.

Eberechi Eze would be dreamy. I doubt they'd sell him for 2m though...

It's all Ashley's fault. It's his fault for employing Bruce. It's his fault for fucking Rafa around. It's his fault we aim for 17th as success each year. It's also his fault we bought Joelinton. It's also his fault Joelinton is being called a "£40 million" player. It's also his fault that we will never, ever be able to increase the capacity of the stadium.

Bruce is utterly irrelevant, unless you feel that, with a slightly better manager, it's worth getting back on board and supporting this shitshow (some don't even need to get back on board, as they can't see the bigger picture to save their lives).

Do you think Pardew was irrelevant?

• 5 months later...